cleaning = exercise

i spend everyday cleaning up my house and running round after a toddler and a baby, so Im constantly up and down back and forth. Ive heard cleaning is good for you as you burn calories but my questions is can i put it down as part of my daily excerise and how would i put it down on my exercise chart? as i often do different types of cleaning each day.

Replies

• Click exercise in the blue tabs at the top, then under those tabs is a blue bar. Click Database. Try Cleaning, light, moderate effort. That should do it for you. Good luck!
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    I would change your activity setting to relfect the fact that you are active everyday...so if you have "sedentary" right now, choose "lightly active", or change it to "active", etc... your daily calorie goal will be adjusted accordingly.

I don't consider cleaning an exercise, exercise to me is getting my hear rate up for 20 mins or more and sweating like a pig...
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    It depends on the level of activity you chose when you started. If you chose sedentary like I did, the I do add serious cleaning sessions as exercise.

However it sounds like you are cleaning everyday (unlike me where cleaning is more of a once a week event) then you may want to change you activity level to match what you do and no log the cleaning.
  • I log cleaning whenever I do it. But my roommate and I do SERIOUS cleaning when we get around to it. Like sweating, out-of-breath, moving furniture to vacuum cleaning. If it's just washing dishes or doing laundry, I don't bother