Best way to tone arms?

Options
<<<<<<<<I have fat arms and bat wings!

I really want nicely shaped arms and I've started doing body pump classes but I would like to know if anyone has any specific exercises/tips for toning arms.

Thanks in advance! :smile:

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    You can't spot train. You have to burn fat and build muscle and in time you'll see improvements in your arms (along with the rest of you).
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Although you can't exactly spot reduce, I would recommend Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones dvd. It's a 45 minute workout and you basically use your free weights the whole time. It recommends 3lb weights but I began with 5lb and will be moving up to 8lbs. My arms look amazing and they are so much stronger.
  • CailleachBeara
    CailleachBeara Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I love working with free weights so I'll pick up some dumbells soon. :smile: Hopefully I'll start to some results soon!
  • Miche37
    Options
    Jackie Warner Fast Start DVD, the one with the pyramid system. It's an awesome arm workout!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    "Bat Wings" .....the back of the arm that loosely hangs down (triceps) don't get much in the way of everyday "functional" toning the way the front of your arms do. Look for tricep exercises. Tricep kickbacks and tricep dips. You won't need dumbbells for the tricep dips (oooh baby!)

http://exercise.about.com/cs/weightlifting/l/blsampletricep.htm