Replies

• mkmfrog
    mkmfrog Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    No worries Tangal88! I agree with everything you wrote! :happy:
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Start lifting, heavy weights and lower reps.

Toning is a misleading word. What you want to do is show some muscle tone/definition. In order to do that 2 things have to happen - 1) your body fat has to be low enough to show off the muscles hiding under the fat, and 2) you have to have some muscle to show off!

So start lifting. You'll strengthen existing muscle, maybe put on a very small amount of new muscle while continuing to burn fat. If you are near your goal weight, up your cals to closer to maintenance and lift lift lift.

Patience is key here because it won't come quickly or easily.

this one!
  • daveainsworth
    Options
    Start lifting, heavy weights and lower reps.

Toning is a misleading word. What you want to do is show some muscle tone/definition. In order to do that 2 things have to happen - 1) your body fat has to be low enough to show off the muscles hiding under the fat, and 2) you have to have some muscle to show off!

So start lifting. You'll strengthen existing muscle, maybe put on a very small amount of new muscle while continuing to burn fat. If you are near your goal weight, up your cals to closer to maintenance and lift lift lift.

Patience is key here because it won't come quickly or easily.

Like lots of other people, I agree with this.

It's a good idea to consume a high-protein food straight after exercise. Can't say I love protein shakes, though. Try chicken breast or peanuts (I know, they're high in fat, but also an excellent source of protein).