Discouraged, Please Help!

Options
My spring break was three weeks ago. Before that I was doing great. working out almost everyday, giving myself one cheat meal a week. I was dropping some weight and when I went home for break my mom noticed!. I felt really good about everything. I figured I could go one week without counting every single calorie that went in my mouth, and while i overindulged a little over break but I knew I would get back to healthy habits when I got back to school.
Well, I was dead wrong! :grumble: I've been back for three weeks and have still not gone a full week without cheating, or skipping exercises or binge eating. I don't know whats wrong with me, but I seriously CAN NOT control myself right now. :sad:
I have a wedding to go to in about 6 weeks, it will be May 9th. I really want to drop at least another eight to ten pounds by then. And I know it's realistic because I dropped a good amount of weight before break. I just need to focus again.
Can anyone give me some pointers on how to stay focused? And i'm going food shopping tomorrow afternoon, so what are the best foods you buy to help you stay hungry and avoid cravings?
Please Help!

Replies

• avr1321
    avr1321 Posts: 96
    Options
    My spring break was three weeks ago. Before that I was doing great. working out almost everyday, giving myself one cheat meal a week. I was dropping some weight and when I went home for break my mom noticed!. I felt really good about everything. I figured I could go one week without counting every single calorie that went in my mouth, and while i overindulged a little over break but I knew I would get back to healthy habits when I got back to school.
    Well, I was dead wrong! :grumble: I've been back for three weeks and have still not gone a full week without cheating, or skipping exercises or binge eating. I don't know whats wrong with me, but I seriously CAN NOT control myself right now. :sad:
    I have a wedding to go to in about 6 weeks, it will be May 9th. I really want to drop at least another eight to ten pounds by then. And I know it's realistic because I dropped a good amount of weight before break. I just need to focus again.
    Can anyone give me some pointers on how to stay focused? And i'm going food shopping tomorrow afternoon, so what are the best foods you buy to help you stay hungry and avoid cravings?
    Please Help!
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hey lady! I feel ya! I was really on a roll and I pretty much have fallen off the last week or so. I have lost my gumption or something. Anyway I also have a wedding to go to in May and our goals are similar so if you want message me and maybe we can kick each other into gear. I want to look good at that wedding!!!
  • misseliza
    Options
    Hey! I was practically in the same place as you in the past few weeks! I was being so good and healthy, and then spring break happened! Don't worry! My big problem was that over break I was eating all the foods I wanted to eat that I had kept from myself before. My suggestion is to try to get yourself back into your old routine by compromising. Try to eat proteins in the morning (to fill up), but then if you need something sweet, give it to yourself, but maybe in a smaller portion or pick something sweet that's also healthy for you (I like to do cereal, frozen yogurt or tropical fruit as a substitute). As for working out, maybe try something new that's more fun and engaging instead of intimidating, like swimming or yoga instead of running on a treadmill. I think if you try new things, it will feel exciting instead of dreadful. I'm sure you can do it and look absolutely fabulous at that wedding:smile: !
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Try setting small goals. Maybe this week your goal is to make sure that you drink 8 glasses of water every day. Commit to that and don't sway.

Maybe you can set a goal of 10 minutes of working out every day - once you're there, you'll find that you want to do more... and that's ok - as long as you do at least 10 minutes every day.

Or - how about commiting to eat on-plan Monday thru Friday - and allow yourself a treat on Saturday?

I find that if I set small goals and allow myself to have small accomplishments, it makes it easier to get into routines.