Getting the shakes

Options
Hey everyone,

I've only started the gym a week ago, up till now I have been fine sore yes but good sore lol , now I have started going after work so I got a supplement for energy (lit-up) today is the 1st time taking it now I was going really well then I started getting really shakey then had to stop couldn't physical push my self............. Can some one explaine to me what may of happend ?

Replies

• amber10101
    amber10101 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Your supplement is probably full of caffeine. That'll cause problems. Also, your diary is not open, but make sure you are eating enough!

Sounds like your body needs something.
  • Queenb62303
    Options
    Is that like an energy drink? those drinks are VERY bad for you- specifically your heart. Does it have alot of caffiene it it? if so that would explain the shaking... how about carbs or protein before your work out?
  • bubblywine
    bubblywine Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I just googled to find out what lit up is, and among all the other stuff is "natural caffeine". That alone could cause your shakes, I know if I overdo coffee the same thing happens.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I used to get that.
    With me it was low sugar and high caffeine , so I had to eat a Special K protein bar before resistance for real energy - no caffeine.

And after, I drank a protein smoothie, again, caffeine free.

That solved the issue.
  • jlr_12
    jlr_12 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Most "energy" and weight loss pills have some form of caffeine...they cause the shakes in anyone that's caffeine sensitive. You shouldn't need to take pills or drinks to get through your workout...make sure you're eating enough and fuel your body with healthy foods as opposed to chemicals.
  • greavesy41
    greavesy41 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just googled to find out what lit up is, and among all the other stuff is "natural caffeine". That alone could cause your shakes, I know if I overdo coffee the same thing happens.

Great I did ask for something with out caffine!!!!
  • greavesy41
    greavesy41 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Opened my food diary