Super frustrated and just wanting some encouragement

Options
So I've lost less than 2 lbs in the past month. Yes, I know it's a loss. Yes, I know it's better than a gain - but I can't help but feel super discouraged.

I'm 5'9" and weigh 220, so it's not like I'm anywhere near my goal weight. This week I was super diligent on calories and exercise, and lost .4 lbs.

Ugh. Not going to give up, but just really frustrated that my body isn't producing the results I like.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Replies

• Chicc
    Chicc Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Vent away...Most of us I'm sure have the same issues. I know I do :)
  • rider72
    rider72 Posts: 119
    Options
    So I've lost less than 2 lbs in the past month. Yes, I know it's a loss. Yes, I know it's better than a gain - but I can't help but feel super discouraged.

I'm 5'9" and weigh 220, so it's not like I'm anywhere near my goal weight. This week I was super diligent on calories and exercise, and lost .4 lbs.

Ugh. Not going to give up, but just really frustrated that my body isn't producing the results I like.

Thanks for letting me vent.

If you havent done it recently, write down your daily meals (i typically plan mine out for the week). Make sure you arent loaded with too many carbs (need that balance of carbs/protien/fats), but even if you are under caloires you might have the wrong combo for what your body needs to get the metabolism burning those fat stores off. Exercise is critical, but 80% of the success is in what you eat (or more to the point....what you dont!). Vent on, and stay focused! You can do it!
  • sunnylady20003
    Options
    I think we all experience this issue with weight loss. The key, is to keep going. Stop looking to the scale so much. Your body can change in other ways that show a loss. Have you measured? Do you notice that your clothes fit different or better? It does come down to pounds versus inches at times. Don't forget, if you are working out, adding lean muscle mass can weigh more than fat. Keep going. As you add lean muscle mass, you will burn more calories as you are sitting or sleeping. The weight will come off. Remember, you did not add it overnight and it will take time for it to come off. You can do it!
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    You are here, sticking to the plan. Keep at it. The plateau won't last for long. Stay strong!
  • Carri1
    Carri1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Make your diary public so we can see what you are eating. Also how many calories you are eating.
  • thinbluebird
    thinbluebird Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. We're here for you.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    sometimes it might be a plateau, and time to mix things up a bit. I have seen suggestions like zig zagging, changing exercise and duration, make sure you get enough sleep....does it work? Dunno. But it sure feels like you are taking control with a plan.

Last time i plateaued, i started climbing a couple flights of stairs 2-4 times a day. Again, I don't know if it worked, but it felt right.
  • FitFunTina
    FitFunTina Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Thanks for letting me vent. I am feeling better today (although haven't stepped near a scale).
    Make your diary public so we can see what you are eating. Also how many calories you are eating.

I thought it was public!

MFP Set my cal goal to 1240, so I've been trying to stick near that (never going under 1200). On the weekends I relax a little to give my body a rest but I (99% of the time) don't go overboard. Also, sometimes I do and sometimes I don't eat my calories back. At the end of the day it comes down to whether or not I am hungry. If I am hungry, I will have a snack.
  • jbootman
    jbootman Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    when I fail to plan my menu it is harder to meet my nutritional goals.

too much sodium, too much fat,

and then I must skimp on the calories I am eating to stay with range,

so I eat the same breakfast each day, packed with protein, egg whites, fiber-fiber one cereal, blueberries and almond milk,

I eat the same lunch, tomatoes, carrots, maybe more egg whites, I hard boil them 4 dozen at a time,

that leaves dinner where I can be a bit creative,

remember that in order to change our eating we must really be mindful of what we are eating,

many overweight are malnourished,

I googled many low cal, high fiber, low fat foods to choose my favorites, I am not going to eat arugula or eggplant,

but tomatoes and blueberries are always on my grocery list,

and may ALLAH bless the inventor of almond milk
  • FitFunTina
    FitFunTina Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    sometimes it might be a plateau, and time to mix things up a bit. I have seen suggestions like zig zagging, changing exercise and duration, make sure you get enough sleep....does it work? Dunno. But it sure feels like you are taking control with a plan.

Last time i plateaued, i started climbing a couple flights of stairs 2-4 times a day. Again, I don't know if it worked, but it felt right.

Well, getting more sleep not an option, thanks to my beautiful 11 month old son who doesn't like sleep! lol.

But thank you everyone for the suggestions. Can't let myself give up, so I'm going to have the frustration drive me into determination.