High Protein Foods?

Options
I am trying to find some more examples of high protein foods for breakfast and lunch. Right now I eat cottage cheese, yogurt, whole wheat toast with peanut butter, hard boiled eggs, etc. I am doing a weight loss challenge where the leader is a distributor for Herbalife. I tried drinking the shakes, but I just can't drink them. I have a recipe book that has you mix with pudding and such, and they just are so chalky tasting to me. I tried making the Herbalife pies also, and they were OK. I would rather just get used to eating high protein foods and sticking to that. I also am tracking everything so I watch my calories. Please let me know if you have any good ideas for high protein foods that would be easy to do for breakfast or lunch.

Replies

• hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I get 130+ grams of protein a day (now without whey supplements)..Check out my diary for ideas
  • clairez
    Options
    i love nonfat organic plain greek yogurt, and add my own berries - and sometimes sliced almonds and a sprinkle of low fat granola, too.
    Kashi cereal
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    A 130g tin of tuna will net you 35g of protein. Surpisingly low calories as well, as it's practically devoid of fat and has no carbs.
  • mill1295
    mill1295 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Maybe give Aria Women's protein powder a try. It comes in Vanilla and chocolate and its not chalky at all... I just mix it with water and drink. I really like it.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Check my diary out for protein sources if you like. (Yesterday was a bad day, but scroll back a few)
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    What kind of yogurt do you eat? I've heard Greek yogurt has the most protein. I agree with you re: skipping the shakes.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    meat
  • grandmajanet69
    Options
    Try some Jimmy Dean Fully Cooked Turkey Sausages links. You get three for a serving size which yields a total of 7 grams fat, 55 mg cholesterol, 490 mg sodium, 1 gram Carbohydrate, 1 sugar and 13 grams of protein. I also enjoy greek yogurt but have to add a Fiber One blueberry yogurt to help with the taste.
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Canned tuna and chicken are pretty convenient. You can bake or boil some chicken breast and then chop or shred it and keep in the your fridge. Jerky is a good option, but watch your sodium. Non-meat sources are quinoa, lentils, and pouches of edamame (soy beans).
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Animals. Cow, pig, chicken, fish.
  • fifi888
    fifi888 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's the brand of protein powder. I know I have some in my cupboard that GAGS me! It gets very thick and gloppy even when mixed with frozen fruit and ice. But I love Twinlab - I use the Vanilla Slam and mix it with frozen blueberries, strawberries and half of a frozen banana. I add 1/2 cup of coconut milk (any milk will do) and 1 cup of ice water. 271 calories and 27 grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber. It's my go to smoothie :happy:
  • ths103
    ths103 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like Greek yogurt with bran cereal and honey. It's food of the Gods!
  • anewme1202
    anewme1202 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    A 130g tin of tuna will net you 35g of protein. Surpisingly low calories as well, as it's practically devoid of fat and has no carbs.

Agree 100% with the tuna option. It's great, low cal and super tasty and I find it fills me up almost better than anything else at lunchtime. You can also add some veggies to it and mix it up for a little salad or toss it on a plate of greens yourself. Yumm.

Also, Greek Yogurt is very filling for an afternoon snack, or I'll have the Greek Yogurt (0 fat), add my own fruit or have some Kashi crackers or 1/2 a whole grain bagel with it.