Hello!!!

Both my husband and I are joining today! We've been talking about losing weight for the past year and the more I talk about it, the more I resist "dieting" and have gained over 10 lbs this past year. It may not sound like much but I used to be in such good shape as a runner several years ago. My schedule is very difficult to work with because I work an evening shift and my lunch is at 3:30 in the afternoon, I work until 9pm and by the time I get home I'm starving. If I eat, I have to go to bed on a full stomach. This schedule is not helping at all!!!! It's so frustrating because I have to keep buying bigger size clothes and I have all my favorites stored away that I want to slip back into and feel good about myself. We want to start having children, but by no means to do I want to be overweight and then pack on the pounds from the baby weight. So, good luck to you all and wish us luck too :happy:

Replies

• frogprincess007
    frogprincess007 Posts: 9 Member
    Both my husband and I are joining today! We've been talking about losing weight for the past year and the more I talk about it, the more I resist "dieting" and have gained over 10 lbs this past year. It may not sound like much but I used to be in such good shape as a runner several years ago. My schedule is very difficult to work with because I work an evening shift and my lunch is at 3:30 in the afternoon, I work until 9pm and by the time I get home I'm starving. If I eat, I have to go to bed on a full stomach. This schedule is not helping at all!!!! It's so frustrating because I have to keep buying bigger size clothes and I have all my favorites stored away that I want to slip back into and feel good about myself. We want to start having children, but by no means to do I want to be overweight and then pack on the pounds from the baby weight. So, good luck to you all and wish us luck too :happy:
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Congratulations on your choice to better your life!

Eat well, and track your calories, weigh yourself weekly (although I admit--I weigh daily! :embarassed: ) and measure, measure, MEASURE your body parts!

If you like to read inspiring blogs, take a look at mine :wink: located here at MFP (the address is in my signature).

Friend me, if you like. (click on "ladyofivy" just above my picture to the left, and then click on the green button that says "add as friend")

:smile: I am always here to listen and support! :flowerforyou:

~Amy~
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome MFP, the greatest website ever. You will love it here. I do. I find this site so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: