muffin top

Options
I have a huge muffin top, you know where you fat hangs over your pants. Anyone know any exercises that would help me out? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• stephbarrera
    Options
    I have a huge muffin top, you know where you fat hangs over your pants. Anyone know any exercises that would help me out? Thanks in advance!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Cardio to get rid of the excess.

And, my discovery has been bellydance to get stronger in those muscles. I've been dancing for a year, and a few weeks back, a friend took me to a "really hard" (her words) abs class. I kept up with her for a half an hour of crunches, reverse crunches, side crunches, you name it.

Also, I've noticed a difference since I've added yoga to my week. The balancing postures really help your core strength.

And, then, I guess there are good old fashioned ab exercises. But, diet and cardio as well, or you'll have great muscles underneath the old muffin top.

:flowerforyou:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Cardio to get rid of the excess.

And, my discovery has been bellydance to get stronger in those muscles. I've been dancing for a year, and a few weeks back, a friend took me to a "really hard" (her words) abs class. I kept up with her for a half an hour of crunches, reverse crunches, side crunches, you name it.

Also, I've noticed a difference since I've added yoga to my week. The balancing postures really help your core strength.

And, then, I guess there are good old fashioned ab exercises. But, diet and cardio as well, or you'll have great muscles underneath the old muffin top.

:flowerforyou:

Yoga is great b/c it stretches muscles that you normally wouldn't stretch.
  • clwilliams222
    Options
    pilates and yoga is really good, because after i did those i was sore in muscles that i didn't even know i had. also, a VERY HEALTHY diet and cardio plus core training exercising 4-5 times a week will help you with that. i know because i have one, but after a few weeks i've noticed it getting smaller. i wasn't doing enough ab workouts for a while (mostly lunges and stuff, not enough cardio) and i noticed that my legs and hips were smaller, which i think in turn made my stomach look even bigger in proportion so once i started stepping up my cardio and core training i've really noticed a difference! (since the beginning of january ive gone to a 14 from a 16