Why hello Morning Star!

Options
I initially bought Morning Star's original vegetarian sausage patties as a way to get some protein in on mornings when I wanted to fix a whole-wheat pancake or a biscuit for breakfast. I can't eat just the pancake or biscuit alone first thing in the morning because it screws with my sugar levels (I'm hypoglycemic), and I feel really sick to my stomach for about 15 minutes until the spell finally passes (anything high carb with almost no protein does this to me first thing in the morning).

The sausage patties were good! Obviousy it doesn't taste like a big, greasy pork sausage patty, but they were good and served their purpose. Definitely a keeper! So, yesterday, I decided to try one of the burger varieties. I got the spicy black bean burger, heated it in the microwave and put it on a sandwich thin with 1 tbsp of salsa. YUM! Just the smell of the patty while it was heating made my mouth water! The sandwich I made with it was really good! I am definitely going to try more of Morning Star's products to add in a few vegitarian meals here and there.

Replies

• nallbaby10
    Options
    awesome i will have to try that i loved boca burgers and chicken patties (fake chicken but awesome still lol)
  • SomeMorr
    SomeMorr Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    The mock McRib patties and buffalo chicken nuggets are awesome too