This time is sooo much harder.

I have been struggling with my weight all my life. From the time I was in 8th grade until my freshman year in college I was over 200 lbs. In my freshman year in college I must have dropped 25lbs just because of my change in environment (close proximity to a gym and access to salad bars at almost every meal! Not to mention all the time outside). Now I am 180lbs and I desperately want to lose that last 25lbs.:noway:
All my life my friends have all been prettier and smaller than me, and it has made me really uncomfortable to ask for help. It has only been recently that I have been talking to people about my goal to lose weight.
It just seems so much harder this time. The exercise has never been a problem. I am very active, but somewhere between diet, water consumption and stress I have been totally unable to lose weight.:sad:
I have the motivation, I just really need the support.
Please help! I know this site has helped a bunch of you, and I could use some positive ideas.
Thanks everyone!

Replies

• I have been struggling with my weight all my life. From the time I was in 8th grade until my freshman year in college I was over 200 lbs. In my freshman year in college I must have dropped 25lbs just because of my change in environment (close proximity to a gym and access to salad bars at almost every meal! Not to mention all the time outside). Now I am 180lbs and I desperately want to lose that last 25lbs.:noway:
    All my life my friends have all been prettier and smaller than me, and it has made me really uncomfortable to ask for help. It has only been recently that I have been talking to people about my goal to lose weight.
    It just seems so much harder this time. The exercise has never been a problem. I am very active, but somewhere between diet, water consumption and stress I have been totally unable to lose weight.:sad:
    I have the motivation, I just really need the support.
    Please help! I know this site has helped a bunch of you, and I could use some positive ideas.
    Thanks everyone!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome MFP, the greatest website ever. You will love it here. I do. I find this site so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: