Grandma to give birth to grandaughter

Options
cabaray
cabaray Posts: 971 Member
http://www.fox19.com/story/16651535/gift-of-life-woman-pregnant-with-sons-and-his-wifes-child

Saw this story today and thought it was interesting. A woman becomes a surrogate for her son and daughter-in-law. Very strange and sweet at the same time. Knowing I would do anything for my girls, I could see me doing this, but it would be weird. I'm sure she will have a very special bond with her grandchild though. What do you guys think? Would you do it?

Replies

• lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    That's really interesting.
    I would never ask my mommy to do that though. & I can't really see her doing it. I mean I personally wouldn't do it.
    There are so many little ones with out homes. Good things come out of people choosing to adopt.
    I have a really interesting story on that too.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    The article says they tried to adopt. It doesn't mention why they weren't able to though. I know it can be difficult.
  • I think it's a very selfless thing this grandmother did. She put everyone before her self to make this happen. I'm actually very happy for this family. They are very lucky to have such a wonderful mother/wife/grandmother. :-)
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I'd be concerned about complications...she's 48.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I would be so grateful if I were unable to bare children and my mother stepped up and offered to do this. I think it's quite a generous and loving thing the mother did, and if I were in her shoes, I'd do the same.