Questions for those with Fitbit...

Options
I am thinking of purchasing this - do you find it to be accurate? Cals burned? Does it also measure your heart rate? It's a pedometer also? Is this worth the investment or should I just spend the $ on a good HRM?

TIA for your replies and opinions!!! :happy:

Replies

• StrugglingtoMove
    StrugglingtoMove Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing! I know it is a Pedometer, I saw that on its website. It list the things it does do, but I want to know what someone else who already owns it thinks.

great question.
    Shawnda

sw:297
    cw:276
    gw:175
  • johnb99
    Options
    I currently have a Fitbit and also a BoddyBugg and using yesterday as an example I burned 4400 cal using the bodybugg but the fitbit says I burned 5000. I don't know for sure which is more accurate but there is a bit of a difference.

I do like my fitbit and bought it becuase I didnt want to pay the yearly fee for the bodybugg monitoring online. Fitbit doesnt charge anything for the online part. I find myself motivated to get my 10000 steps daily with the fitbit and can check it on the fly. It also keeps track of floors climbed and miles traveled. The one downside is that it can give false readings while driving but you can adjust that with a manual log entry.

If you have any other questions let me know, hope this helps
  • StrugglingtoMove
    Options
    Thanks for the information.
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    i really like it, BUT i think it counts me driving as floors climbed for some reason (bumpy road, sports suspension maybe??)

im going to email them about it.
  • StrugglingtoMove
    Options
    Found this article about bodybugg vs fitbit. Great info esp in the comments section
  • StrugglingtoMove
    Options
    Oops baby smack my hand and sent without link lol

http://tweakfit.com/fitbit-vs-bodybugg-reviews