Saving Calories

Options
So... I see some people talking about 'saving their calroies' for the weekend. This is interesting to me, mostly because I simply can't eat all of mine every day. I refuse to dip into my exercise calories until I've actually earned them and I usually get to work out late due to my schedule.

How would I know which calories I saved/can use... and is a week Monday - Sunday, or...?

Thanks guys!

Replies

• PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Try it and see. If it works for you... keep doing it. If it doesn't work for you, try something else!

I try not to carry over a deficit but if I KNOW i'm under 1200 net for a few days, I don't mind being a bit over the next few days!
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    this has always been interesting to me...are calories like money? you can save them and use them later? i guess once my day is over, i just forget about any "extra" calories and move-on to the next day.
  • msrena
    msrena Posts: 21
    Options
    See missikay1970, this is exactly what I am asking! ... Some days it'd be nice to have enough for a glass of wine with my husband when the kids go to bed, but it was unplanned and I've usually used up enough calories that there aren't enough for a glass, but maybe I had enough left over yesterday (I'd have to go back and look, but it's a definate possibility!)