Insanity workout?

:glasses: I was wanting to know if anyone has had any success with the insanity workout? If not, throw some ideas my way. I don't have alot of options here! :)

Caity

Replies

• BoxingChick
    BoxingChick Posts: 124 Member
    I have not tried Insanity, but I love Jillian Michaels DVD's....they are a good total body workout, cheap and you don't need equipment for most of them...good luck
  • georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Hi, Don't know what the insanity workout it but I can recommend this - try doing a cardiovascular workout daily at medium to high intensity and add in some strength training on alternate days. The trick is to keep the intensity high for short intervals 1-5min, with a recovery phase of half that time. Total workout time 30-45 mins. Hope this helps.
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 619 Member
    i never finished insanity....made it about halfway through the first month. The workouts are amazing and i felt great afterwards, but it was hard and expensive. I think that or p90x would be great if you are a bit more into/experienced working out rather than a beginner. My sister did the whole thing though ( i borrowed the DVDS from her) and even though she was a size 6 to start and a college athelete, you could TELL a difference in her body when she was finished. I imagine the change would be even more noticable on someone who wasnt already in shape

I found jillian michaels 30 day shred to be a reasonable alternative - you're certainly not going to get as great results as with insanity, but its shorter, less intense and still incorporates strength training and cardio like insanity. I jsut got 6 week 6 pack by he but have not tried it yet

when you say you dont have a lot of options what do you mean? Time? Money? equipment?
  • I did Insanity for 4 weeks. My endurance improved bt I didn't lose a single pound, infact I gained 5. I didn't lose inches either. I ended up hurting myself so I took a week off. In that week off I lost 6 pounds (the 5 i gained, plus 1) Now i'm back tozumba and power90. Much better. My advice if you've been exercising for a long time and want to try to improve endurance, go for it. If you're a noob, or only been exercising for a year or less, try something else for a while. Best of luck, and if you try it, make sure you follow the nutrition guidelines that come with it...just my two cents.
  • tennillewade
    tennillewade Posts: 49 Member
    Insanity worked great for me, I finished it and am going to try the extention of it the asylum. There is a money back gurantee on it if you aren't happy with it. My advice is to determine the level of intensity that you want. Insanity isn't really for someone who hasn't worked out in a while (not saying the is you) its an athletic training program. Theres a lot you could do at home though, like slim in 6, or chalean extreme, or power 90. I didn't lose much weight on insanity either i did get stronger and my endurance got better. Really it just depends on what your goals are?