30 day shred and?........

Options
I HAVE to loose at least 30 if not 40 pounds by September. I am strictly watching my diet, will I be able to achieve that goal with 30 shred alone or what else should I add to get the results I'm looking for?

Replies

• megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    With the 30ds you don't get a lot of pound loss, but a lot of inches instead. Search for 30ds results on the forums and you will see what I mean. I have only lost 5 pounds, but I fit into clothes much easier and I can see the inches flying away. I recently started adding additional circuit training, an extra 20 per day from another Jillian Michael's video. Try not no focus on the weight, take measurements and pictures to see results instead.
  • clkuchtyn
    clkuchtyn Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing 30 day shred (just finished day 7 of level 2). I do this 6 X's per week. I also:
    - Train C25K twice weekly
    - Zumba class 2x's per week
    - Do 10 min calisthenic challenges 4-5x's per week.
    - Elliptical 2X's per week

I like to vary my workouts, otherwise I get really bored and eventually quit. Plus, it's great for the body to work different muscles.

You should do whatever is comfortable for yourself. Push yourself, but not to the point of getting hurt. Also try joining a challenge. They are all over the forums.
  • PughTooFew
    PughTooFew Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 30lbs for July and have just started the 30 Day Shread (Day 3 of Level 1) as I have heard great things from other MFP users - it's TOUGH and I'm struggling through the cardio sections (I don't think it was aimed at obese women as all that jumping with 100lbs+ overweight is a killer!) but I'm hoping it'll be worth it come summer! Unfortunately I haven't got a tapemeasure to track any inch loss, but I'm hoping the scales will show something and that my clothes will let me know if I lose anything : ) go on, give it a try and let us know how you get on!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I am doing 30DS and at least 45 mins of Zumba on the Wii a day. 10lbs gone in 16 days! :)
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I did a little survey of others doing 30DS and found it burns around 140-150 calories.
    If your deadline is in July, that's about 5 months -- at 1.5 lbs a week you could do it ... just need to find some additional exercise (bike, perhaps) to add to the 30DS that burns a bit more calories.
  • aschyvinch
    Options
    I would add weight lifting into your daily exercise routine. Lifting burns more fat calories and even though you might add lbs of muscle, those fat lbs will be long gone by September!! Eat healthy and remember...it's always mind over matter!!! Good luck :)
  • katzmeow_83
    katzmeow_83 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Maybe add some walking also... or a bike to change it up
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I run (beginner) twice a week and walk the dogs about an hour a day on the trails on top of 30DS. I have a lot of body fat, and the combo of weights and cardio will make that horrid belly disappear.

Also, I plan on starting Insanity after I finish in March. The higher my tolerance for cardio, the less likely I'll completely fall out after 10 mins in ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!