the ~best~ you ever got ...

_snw_
_snw_ Posts: 1,298 Member
heh. no, not sex.

What is the best present you ever received?

Now, don't give some "my children!" or "god's love" answer. I'm talking a gift you received from someone that you did NOT pick out. Something you were surprised with. Something tangible.

Replies

• Bexx435
    Bexx435 Posts: 83 Member
    That's a toss up. Coffee mugs painted specially for me by my nephews, and a recordable story book from my dad.
  • I would have to say my first computer. My mom found it used and it was OLD and slower then dirt....BUT i was 13 and everyone else had one BUT me....lol I cried when I got it. And then number 2 would be MY KIDS!!! lol sorry had to:)
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,832 Member
    My first cellphone. I was so excited when I got it for Christmas, I jumped around the house like crazy. Or my easy bake oven. I love all the gifts I get now it's just not a "jump around like a 5 year old" kind of thing anymore.

OH! I just remembered my all time best one. It was last year, for my 21st birthday. My mother spent half the year preparing a surprise party for me, because I'd never had one. It was amazing.
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    On our 11th anniversay my husband got me new wedding rings that he picked out all by himself. I had no idea! I just started crying I was so surprised and thrilled!!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    my cousin came over last weekend and brought me a huge "happy divorce" basket (or maybe "sorry you're getting divorced" hmmmmmm).

it had godiva cigar chocolates (because I <3 cigars), sephora make up, victoria secret lotion set, $50 DSW shoe store gift card, 3 bottles of yummy wine, a little journal, bubble bath set..

it was LOVELY!!!! it was very thoughtful. best gift i have received in a long time.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Either:
    Dr. Dre CD for christmas when I was 15. Still have that cd, and can't begin to explain the memories I have throughout high school and afterwards that came while listening to that album.

Or Socks my son picked out for me for Christmas. He was so excited to give them to me, stopped unwrapping his presents just to make sure I had a gift to open too.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,339 Member
    This past Christmas, my fiance made, yes MADE, me a jewelry box. I LOVE it!
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    My first guitar. A red Kramer, got it for my birthday as a kid. Still baby the hell out of that one.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Electric guitar :bigsmile:
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Beautiful tool watch. Just a well-crafted piece of machinery that I"m happy to wear. It looks functional, beautiful and sleek. It was a thoughtful and generous gift.
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    our 2nd wedding anniversary, i got a beautiful diamond eternity ring from mu hubby, totally didnt suspect it :)
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    As a kid... N64 for sure!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    An acre of rainforest protected by a donation made in my name.
  • Churble
    Churble Posts: 85 Member
    I am obsessed with penguins, always have been, and one year for my birthday my ex got me a little purple penguin pendant. It was perfect because it wasn't anything I'd asked for, and it was better. I actually cried.
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    GPS.

It's changed my life (and my husband's....he appreciates that I no longer call him lost and crying bc I have no idea where I am).
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    A donation to The Human Fund in my name.
  • 1. $$ for plane tickets to visit family across the country, for Christmas.
    2. I came home from work on Valentines Day to a very clean house and a beautiful dinner cooked for me!
    3. Engagement ring for Christmas. I so wasn't expecting that at all!!
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    A pen that is in the shape of Harry Potters Wand.

My niece was in a comic book store with my mom and brother and she saw it and said "oh Mama, Aunty said she wanted one of the wands from Harry Potter... can I get this for her for Christmas?"

They bought it at the November, I see my niece daily, she never keeps secrets and she kept this a total secret.. the only thing she would tell me is that " you will really love what I bought you, its not very big but its pretty special." oh and she is 7 ...
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    My dad went on a mission trip to Tanzania and for Christmas gave me tanzanite earings in a white gold setting that he had bought there for me. I loved them sooo much. Sadly, I took them off to shower and left them in the jewelry holder on the bathroom sink and they disappeared. Turned out my parent's maid had stolen them along with several other things.

Oh yeah and the best from my mom was a star. She bought a star and had it named after me. She bought one for everyone in my family. Its kinda cool!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    a picture frame, painted by my granddaughter, holding a photo of her, covered in paint from the project! So cute, and something I will always treasure.