You Really Should Eat Your Exercise Cals Back!

Options
12346»

Replies

• countrymom2011
    Options
    Those who want to will find a way, those who don't will find an excuse.

This is so true, hard work and determnation pay off in the end!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    How are we suppose to eat more of healthy foods when I eat not being hungry to begin with?

Planning ahead. Planning what your exercise will be, what your food will be, and making adjustments as necessary.

Personally, I eat about 1000 calories for dinner alone most nights, but I understand a lot of people can't or won't do that. But it's easy to add an extra 100-200 calories to each meal and adding a couple extra snacks that won't make you feel bloated and stuffed.

Stuff like an extra ounce of chicken at dinner, an extra slice of cheese on a sandwich, a piece of fruit, a glass of chocolate milk, using regular dressings instead of fat free, whole milk instead of skim, a protein bar as a snack that tastes as good as a candy bar, but packs 10-20g of protein instead of the 1-2g a real candy bar would have.

I almost always budget a glass of chocolate milk at bedtime as a snack. If I'm low on calories, I'll add protein powder to it. Doesn't make it any more filling (not as I'm drinking it, but I'll stay full longer thanks to the protein) but a lot more nutritionally dense.

Here's the thing... listening to my body's hunger signals is what got me to a scary skinny 103 pounds in my mid-20s and a somewhat chunky 160 pounds in my late 30s. My body is stupid. It doesn't know what's best for me. My brain does, now, but my brain had to learn it by following calorie and nutrition guides.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Maybe I should, but I donwanna. I eat some of them back; working out makes me hungry.
  • sjj0223
    sjj0223 Posts: 26
    Options
    I agree/disagree with you. I eat real food and try to hit my 1200 calorie goal everyday but I find time to workout 60-90 minutes a day. I worked out 6-7 days a week and lost almost 12 lbs in less then 2 monhts. Now I am pretty much in maintenance mode. I will eat what I want, just making sure that I won't go crazy over food and still try to workout 5x week.
    "No time" is just an excuse. We have to find time for ourselves. :)
  • awilmeri
    awilmeri Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I agree with you op. I love food. I'm lucky I have the time to work out ow but I don't want to have to work out to feel like I can eat a real meal either. I just eat things in moderation. Like I really want a Reese's peanut butter pumpkin so I will have one. But only one and not everyday. I log everything I eat and do my best but I'm in this for the long haul, I don't expect to lose 3 pounds a week.