What is your motivation to lose weight?

Options
Everyone has different motivational factors when it comes to shedding the pounds. I get my motivation from my children. I know it sounds so clique but when I look at my children I often think about how much time I have left to be with them. Wanting every second I can get to spend with my children and eventually grandchildren, I am motivated to get fit and healthy!

What motivates you to shed the pounds?

Replies

• ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Everyone has different motivational factors when it comes to shedding the pounds. I get my motivation from my children. I know it sounds so clique but when I look at my children I often think about how much time I have left to be with them. Wanting every second I can get to spend with my children and eventually grandchildren, I am motivated to get fit and healthy!

What motivates you to shed the pounds?

The way I feel...mentally and phsyically. I'm super insecure now and I think back to when I wasn't insecure. I know that I will still have insecurity issues even when I get my body right, BUT at least it'd be one less thing to feel insecure about. I'm hoping this is the first step to gaining my "self" back.

AND of course...by phsyically I mean this weight is just so hard on my body. I feel like I can't function sometimes. Like the weight literally holds me down and keeps me from doing things I once could do. I want more energy.
  • Twinsmama75
    Twinsmama75 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time doing anything for "myself" so I do it for my kids. I want to be alive and healthy to babysit & enjoy my grandchildren. But even sooner than that I want to be able to hike, camp, dance, run, play ball and actually have some energy to play with my kids. I have about 30 pounds to lose, but I want to gain energy as well. I've lost weight before without exercising and I just straight up felt exhausted all the time.

On a smaller scale, I want to NOT look like I've had 4 kids, LOL.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!