Leslie Sanson video suggestions please

Options
I have old Walk Away the Pounds DVDs by Leslie Sansone from 2001. I'm looking for suggestions on some of her newer videos -- in particular some that are less monotonous and far less chatty. She talks SO much during the ones that I have -- it's like watching an infomerical for a workout that I'm already doing! I stuck in the 3-mile super calorie burn last night and she talked and repeated herself constantly.

Are there any more recent ones that are better?

Edit -- ugh misspelled her name in the subject! Sorry for the typo.

Replies

• kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    The Biggest loser, the workout: Power walk.
    You might check your local library first. I "test drive" my work out DVDs before I buy them, that way if they are terrible or boring I didn't lose:)
  • Pooch67
    Pooch67 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't know how I know this... but she'll be on QVC tomorrow at 10am demonstrating a bunch of new stuff.
  • bralmar
    bralmar Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Her Walk Slim Series of dvds are good. And, you can choose either listening to her guide you along or workout to the music. I love that option. I have the 1, 2, and 3 mile videos. She does "boosted walking" in those, which is the same as light jogging.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    IMO, they are all kind of chatty and my mom and I get a kick out of saying all of her cheesy lines along with her to the videos we have memorized. I guess the key is to have enough of her videos so that you're only hearing the same chatter every once in a while. Good luck!

Also, I have memorized her workouts to the point that I can put them on mute and use my own music or talk on the phone or just move in silence when I can't handle her voice anymore. Try it!
  • Anne253
    Anne253 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have some of her videos too and she is pretty chatty. I turn the volumn down and put on some upbeat music that I like. That way I dont have to listen to her.
  • MShell0205
    Options
    I mute the TV. After you do them for a while, you will memorize the DVD.
  • kritik
    kritik Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    She has a 5 mile dvd that is really good. She is chatty, but she also kicks it to you in the 5 mile video. :wink:
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I have Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds Ultimate Collection. She talks a lot but I don't find her that chatty. Jillian Annoys me more. I like that there are 4 workouts in it 20 minutes, 30, 40 and 50. You can do whichever you want or do the 4 mile one for just a mile or two or you can skip ahead to the last mile which involves the resistance band that comes with the DVD. So many options in this 1 DVD. I mute the sound and turn on my iPod.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    personally i love the 5mile ..I dont do it much anymore because I do Jillians kickbox but...the 5 mile is best because it lets u choose to stop ..at 1-2-3-4-5 miles
  • noiva
    noiva Posts: 94
    Options
    I have her "Mile Every Morning" video. It's just her without her sidekicks, so I've heard she's much less chatty in it. The only annoying thing she says is how much she loves to sweat! I don't know why that bothers me so much, but it does. :)

Anyway, it's a fun workout, and my heart rate definitely rises.
  • CathiAnne
    CathiAnne Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Why not just do her walking exercises on youtube - no money spent.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    A couple of general ideas:

DVDs with a MUSIC ONLY OPTION:
    5K with a Twist
    3 Mile Slim & Sleek Walk
    The Big Burn 2 Miles of Intervals
    Walk this Way
    Walk Slim Fast Start & 3 Fast Miles
    Burn Body Fat & Sculpt Your Arms

LESLIE SOLO workouts... these are always more subdued (IMO)
    3 Mile Slim & Sleek Walk
    Burn Body Fat & Sculpt Your Arms
    AHA (American Heart Association) Start! Walking series ....these were originally on Exercise TV (Leslie is very professional here)

Look at collagevideo.com for video clips. Re: Biggest Loser Walk ..... good workout .... I wished I could stand the music (blech!)

Leslies Walk Slim (newest) 5 Really Big Miles is pretty tame, except for mile 5 (kinda silly) .... but cool down is chaptered ... so you can skip this mile.
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I love the 5 day slim down I do all of them in one day but you can break it down to each day !
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I love her videos too. You can go to www.collagevideos.com and see sample clips, at least I think that's the website. Also, she's going to be on QVC tomorrow at 10 I think.
  • Mom2M_and_O
    Options
    I have some of her videos too and she is pretty chatty. I turn the volumn down and put on some upbeat music that I like. That way I dont have to listen to her.

I did this on Saturday and it did help tremendously. I had my own music playing -- a challenge at times to stay with her rhythm, but even still that's no big deal since moving is moving. :-)