Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Affordable Protein Shake

2»

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    i have the brand Body fortress from Walmart. I like it a lot and it is pretty cheap. Blende bottles are amazing!
    I also have ON Gold Standard Natural Vanilla. It's tastes pretty terrible with water, but it's all natural and a solid whey protein. Nothing wrong with it. Much more expensive.

I agree on the water mix! I use some home made goat milk yogurt and some raw goat milk and this gives it a better texture. The Casien mixes better and has a better texure with water.
  • bpurc22
    bpurc22 Posts: 180 Member
    I use Optimal Nutrition. I pay $ 35 dollars a month and there is about 28 serving in each container. But these are ROUNDED scoops so I found that one jar last me over a month. So it was like a buck a day. I like them they are pretty tasty. Right now I am using chocolate malt. But i use a immersion blender, when you just stir there are lumps. ( I also live in Canada, so i don't know if price wise that would make a difference)

This is what I use also. The 100% Gold Standard. I use both Casien for slower absorbtion and Whey right after a workout. You can get the 5 lb jug for about .76 per serving. Even less if you get the 10 lb. The Whey version blends better than the Casien which much clumpier and does better in a mixer. I looked at online reviews and this was rated in the top five for quality.

I know it's not my business but I'd advise highly against Casein protein. Read the book "The China Study"

"The consumption of animal protein, especially casein in cow's milk, results in higher concentrations of calcium in the blood, which inhibits the process by which the body activates vitamin D in the kidneys to a form that helps repress the development of autoimmune diseases."

"In fact, the connection between casein and cancer was so profound that the scientists could literally turn cancer growth on and off in the laboratory animals, like a light switch, simply by altering the level of casein protein in their diets. Interestingly, they also found that feeding the animals the same levels of plant based protein (gluten and soy) did not at all promote cancer growth."

Casein is the single most correlated substance with cancer ever found. Basically what this book and all of their experiments say is that if you are exposed to carcinogens, a diet high in Casein is basically a way to promote cancer.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    I know it's not my business but I'd advise highly against Casein protein. Read the book "The China Study"

"The consumption of animal protein, especially casein in cow's milk, results in higher concentrations of calcium in the blood, which inhibits the process by which the body activates vitamin D in the kidneys to a form that helps repress the development of autoimmune diseases."

"In fact, the connection between casein and cancer was so profound that the scientists could literally turn cancer growth on and off in the laboratory animals, like a light switch, simply by altering the level of casein protein in their diets. Interestingly, they also found that feeding the animals the same levels of plant based protein (gluten and soy) did not at all promote cancer growth."

Casein is the single most correlated substance with cancer ever found. Basically what this book and all of their experiments say is that if you are exposed to carcinogens, a diet high in Casein is basically a way to promote cancer.

thanks for the heads up. I'll do some research. I appreciate you looking out for me!
  • I'm a fan of the Body Fortress too. If you find them on Facebook, they usually have a printable coupon available each month. The Cookies and Cream variety is amazing!

Second this. I just picked it up today. I won't say I "love" the taste of the Cookies and Cream, but it's good. A bit like weak chocolate milk. But the price makes it more than worth it!