Same shirt, before and during

Options
cdcro
cdcro Posts: 21 Member
I'm at work so you will have to go to my profile to see my pics. The white sands pic was July 2011 at ~280 lbs and the one in my office was yesterday at 227. People ask me what I did and when I say diet and exercise they lose interest! My wife wanted to join the Y in September and after a month of working out I started tracking with MFP. I went from XXL shirts being too short to XL being just right, plus all of my pants were snug 42's and I’m happily wearing 36's today. Of course my waist is actually about 39", darn vanity sizing. My final goal is to have my actual waist size be less than half my height (5’10, or 70”).

The most fulfilling part of the transformation was the difference in our diet. I have always been a great cook, but with just the two of us we ate out 90% of the time, and I can cook better than most of the restaurant cooks. Now I plan our month of meals in advance with Wednesdays being eating out, as Pho is cheaper to buy in a restaurant and is relatively healthy. The wide variety of foods I prepare now fills me with pride; I even thought breaking down a chicken perfectly was pretty manly, although my wife was less impressed.

Replies

• tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Diet & exercise - how boring! Don't you have a pill you can take? :laugh: Congrats on your healthier lifestyle - pictures do say it all!
  • nevareg
    nevareg Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing!! Such an inspiration :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!