Takeaway

Supposed to be having a night in with the girls tomorrow and a takeaway is on the cards....what is the healthiest takeaway???? If there is one!! Any suggestions greatly appreciated. :)
x

Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Get some good burn in the day, and go out and enjoy it! One night wont hurt! :D
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    I take the approach of finding the healthiest thing AT the takeaway, not aiming for a specific takeaway. If takeaway is happening, I pick a kids meal, or just have a burger rather than a meal, or go for a healthy option if they have them.
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    The healthiest take away is to plan ahead& do a good workout so you have more cals to work with relax enjoy. I don't think given freedom you will eat your way through everything so just trust the choices you make& be accountable log everything& hide nothing.i find when i know i have to log it in the morning im more careful with my choices.
  • a1hodgu1
    a1hodgu1 Posts: 10 Member
    Thanks for your advice guys, I am at the gym this morning so I will work extra hard :)
    I am thinking chicken and boiled rice from the chinese doesn't sound too bad.
    x
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    If you want the healthy option, avoid stuff that is fried or in a creamy sauce, if youre having Chinese, chicken and broccoli with boiled rice is good

If you want to eat whatever you like, do an extra workout the day before / after and earn some extra calories :)
  • Kate_321
    Kate_321 Posts: 18 Member
    I'm having takeaway with the girls tonight too. We normally end up with Chinese. I thought I would aim for either a rice/noodle dish and either chicken or beef. Less sauce as possible. I'm not gonna be too hard on myself though, as deserve some rewards every now and then!

I think also Shish kebabs are not too bad (as just grilled meat) but gotta watch the sauce!
  • a1hodgu1
    a1hodgu1 Posts: 10 Member
    Yeah I guess a chicken salad kebab would be ok, just without the sauce and pitta bread. Have earned calories at the gym today and am planning of a few hours of just dance on the wii! every little helps! lol
    x