How are you planning on staying on track on SuperBowl Sunday

Options
Many times holidays are the reason why so many people lose sight of their weight loss goals. How are you planning on staying on track on SuperBowl Sunday?

Replies

• Reasie26
    Reasie26 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm training for a half-marathon right now, and Sundays happen to be my "long run" days. So, I'll be running 11 miles (burning about 1100 calories) this Sunday and won't have to think twice about eating pretty much whatever I want during the game! :)

I'll probably still be pretty good earlier in the day though. I like to "stash" my Sunday calories, so it all evens out over the week if I eat all/more than my daily calories on a couple of days.

So, I would say work out hard that morning and eat light prior to the festivities!! That works well for most holidays/events. If you really plan on making a pig of yourself, I would also suggest eating light and working hard a couple of days before and after the "big day"!

Planning and being honest. I am lying to myself if I say I'm going to control myself and not eat much. I know myself well enough at this point to realize that I have NO control in that kind of situation. I'm trying to work on that, but for now, it's all about planning and buffering!! :)
  • Shazam27
    Options
    Doing some sort of rigorous excersize in the morning. Shoot for a 500 calorie burn. Followed by a light late breakfast and skip noontime lunch in favor of early afternoon grubbing. I know I will be eatting wings and drinking beer - so at least I wont feel THAT bad about it if I stick to my plan.
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Snacking lightly and drinking lighter lol
  • alliesun53
    alliesun53 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat right breakfast and lunch, probably keep my calories and carbs on the low end for both meals, do a really good workout, and allow myself a few snacks (aka dinner) for the game. It's okay to indulge on special occasions. I'm not going to pig out...but I'm having some wings and some dip. GO GIANTS!!!!!
  • 1AuntYaya
    Options
    Thinking I'll work on MY wings after church at the Y...I'll put in an hour of cardio and then work on my arms with weight-lifting. Then later I'll have some wings but not 10 to 15 like I used to lol. Probably 5, with no dipping sauce, and Baked Lays. Then plenty of flavored water or iced tea. Eating a salad before the game begins. i HAVE to get healthy and lose this weight! There will be more Super Bowls after I reach my goal, and even then I am going to watch it!