Polar Heart Rate Monitor

Options
I am looking at getting a Polar heart rate monitor. I work out at the club doing mainly the elliptical or treadmill. Any recommendations for a good model? I am mainly concerned with heart rate and calories burned.

Thanks!

Replies

• courtney21
    Options
    I am looking at getting a Polar heart rate monitor. I work out at the club doing mainly the elliptical or treadmill. Any recommendations for a good model? I am mainly concerned with heart rate and calories burned.

Thanks!
  • Dani_Dancer619
    Options
    I have the Polar F6 and I really like it! The only drawback to the polar models is that when they run out of batteries you have to send then in to be replaced. But other than that, the F6 is pretty straight forward and gives me the information I need (time of workout, calories burned, heart rate) plus you can look back at your last 7 workouts to see how you've been doing. Hope this helps!
  • lacieinthesky
    lacieinthesky Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I think the F4 basically does the same thing (tells you how many calories you've burned) but it's a lot cheaper. I'm going to get myself one for my birthday tomorrow. (I know it's on sale at the Big 5 by my house, you can check their website to see if it's on sale where you live to-if you have one there)
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I think the F4 basically does the same thing (tells you how many calories you've burned) but it's a lot cheaper. I'm going to get myself one for my birthday tomorrow. (I know it's on sale at the Big 5 by my house, you can check their website to see if it's on sale where you live to-if you have one there)

I have the F4 and I loved it! I spent about $80CAD and it was worth every penny. :flowerforyou:
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    the biggest difference between the f4 and f6 are that the f6 is coded to read only your monitor. with the f4, you could pick up on someone else's heart rate at the club. I don't know how often that happens, but I know that won't do that with the f6.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    the biggest difference between the f4 and f6 are that the f6 is coded to read only your monitor. with the f4, you could pick up on someone else's heart rate at the club. I don't know how often that happens, but I know that won't do that with the f6.

Do you know what the price difference is? That might be worth the extra $.
    The only time I have had interference is when I run with my friend. We have to make sure we don't run too close to each other.
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options

Do you know what the price difference is? That might be worth the extra $.
    The only time I have had interference is when I run with my friend. We have to make sure we don't run too close to each other.

It's a $30 difference.
  • courtney21
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate the feedback!