Stopping soda..

13»

Replies

• I've tried to before but never get past three months..
    How can I sucesfully quit soda?

duck tape......place it over your mouth.....

it'll assist with losing weight *kitten* well
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    My drug of choice is Diet Mountain Dew. I have cut WAY back, but still allow myself one can or 20oz a day. It's been five weeks. I don't use my allotment every day any more...I'm down to 3 a week or so now. FOR ME, allowing it in moderation has made me not crave it as much. I also have a daily water goal and sometimes, I say to myself "you can't have that diet mountain dew until you've had all your water" and then I just don't. I wish you luck.
  • You need to ween yourself off of it. I used to drink soda with every meal, now I don't drink any. I went through a withdraw for a week, as I weened myself off I allowed myself to only drink it with breakfast because I needed the caffeine. Some people have their morning coffee and used to have a coke! But I feel great now that I do not drink soda, I don't have headaches and I don't crave soda anymore. When I want something besides water, I will get a vitamin water zero. I feel great and I do not feel bloated anymore.
  • cccpups
    cccpups Posts: 3 Member
    I am crazy for soda too, but I have managed to replace it with half seltzer half grapefruit juice! It's got a sharp, tart taste, it has bubbles, so it has everything I want. I tried mixing seltzer with other fruits but grapefruit is the only juice that does the trick for me.
  • cbo2cute4u
    cbo2cute4u Posts: 14 Member
    I have always drank diet thinking it was better for me. My endocrinologist said diet could cause insulin resistance issues because your body needs sugar in a limited amount not a fake sugar that tricks your body. There was a whole anatomical explanation but basically I have had a hard time letting it go. There are many posts of carbonated water flavored or not can help with the transition but water becomes crazy craving when you start drinking it all the time. Im trying....trying :(
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    I used to drink a litre of coke a day. I just stopped cold turkey, no diet coke or any other substitute. Just stop buying it.
    I drink nothing but water and 2 cups of tea a day.
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    You won't see me get too close with soda anymore with it not being healthy, but I will have a rootbeer every once in a great while. Water has no calories while soda does. If you do want soda why not try sparkling water as a substitute instead. For me I used to love soda!! For me my stomach would not agree with it, so that helped. Water is much cheaper too!!

Good Luck!!