I need some "tough love"...

Options
and more support! I am not new to myfitnesspal, persay, but I have been gone for a few months and came back this January. As a result, I lost a lot of friends and I have deleted several as well who have been inactive for months. I am looking for some more friends to help me stay on track. I don't ever want to give up on this again. I am am looking for people who aren't afraid to be honest about my diary or my exercise. I am also looking for individuals who are good at motivating. Before I left MFP, in August of 2011, I had lost 47lbs. While I was gone, I gained back 24 of those.:sad: I have lost 13 of the 24:smile:, and hope to be back to where I was by the end of February. I am not easily offended, and I love any healthful advice I can get. I also love to motivate others and congratulate on a job well done. If I can help you then I will! Please add me if you are an active member who needs and gives support! Thanks in advance!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I think only you can keep you doing it... motivation from others is great. But no one is going to make you do it. I think it's something you have to really want to stick with, through the highs and lows. Even when you're stalled and not losing.

I give myself the "toughest love"... no one else can do that. But, it's really self love.
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I think only you can keep you doing it... motivation from others is great. But no one is going to make you do it. I think it's something you have to really want to stick with, through the highs and lows. Even when you're stalled and not losing.

I give myself the "toughest love"... no one else can do that. But, it's really self love.

I agree that in the end it is all up to me and I also know that at the same time all the motivation and support definitely helps me along and keeps me positive. By tough love I mean people who are willing to rip apart my diary and make comments like get your butt moving ect. LOL I need encouragement and a swift kick some times.
  • JennieAL
    Options
    Ok, I see. Guess I'm just a stubborn *kitten*... no amount of anyone telling me to get my butt moving will make me do it if I don't want to :)
  • sarahbear1981
    Options
    Ok, I see. Guess I'm just a stubborn *kitten*... no amount of anyone telling me to get my butt moving will make me do it if I don't want to :)

Yep we are just different. For me a huge motivator is knowing that people are watching me, what I eat, and how much I work out. Thos little WTG! and good jobs after I finish logging make it feel like it was worth it for me. Plus being able to motivate and support others makes life worthwhile both on MFP and in other areas of my life! =)
  • JennieAL
    Options
    I totally appreciate all that too... yeah, it does help to have an open diary. Well, you can add me if you like. I'm all for making new MFP friends :) I stay pretty active on here most of the time.
  • sarahbear1981
    Options
    Friend request sent!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I can be honest! Feel free to send a friend request!
  • sarahbear1981
    Options
    I can be honest! Feel free to send a friend request!

Great! Thanks and friend request sent!
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    totally understand! You are welcome to add me!
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    you can friend me. I have been going strong and find myself starting to waver. I'll help you if you help me!
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Nice to see someone not afraid to take a bit of advice, or for that matter give some, lol. I would be pleased to have you as a friend.
  • sarahbear1981
    Options
    totally understand! You are welcome to add me!

I'm glad you get me, lol! Sending FR now!
  • bugtrain
    bugtrain Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like...and I have a friend that meets your requirements......I'll see if she is up for more friends too :)
  • sarahbear1981
    Options
    you can friend me. I have been going strong and find myself starting to waver. I'll help you if you help me!
    Sounds like a plan!
  • orangemocha10
    Options
    I'm brand new here and would to add some friends! Friend request sent =)
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    and more support! I am not new to myfitnesspal, persay, but I have been gone for a few months and came back this January. As a result, I lost a lot of friends and I have deleted several as well who have been inactive for months. I am looking for some more friends to help me stay on track. I don't ever want to give up on this again. I am am looking for people who aren't afraid to be honest about my diary or my exercise. I am also looking for individuals who are good at motivating. Before I left MFP, in August of 2011, I had lost 47lbs. While I was gone, I gained back 24 of those.:sad: I have lost 13 of the 24:smile:, and hope to be back to where I was by the end of February. I am not easily offended, and I love any healthful advice I can get. I also love to motivate others and congratulate on a job well done. If I can help you then I will! Please add me if you are an active member who needs and gives support! Thanks in advance!:flowerforyou:
    People can offer you encouragement and inspiration but true motivation is all internal.
    We either have that drive or need to find a way to ignite it.

To light that fire, be honest, and answer for yourself:
    Why do I want to be healthy and fit? Discover the real answer, and attach great pleasure to that as you set your goals.
    Feel and experience that joy when you think of being healthy and fit.

And then ask yourself why do you NOT want to be fat?
    Connect with that reason burning pain that you can really feel every time you think about being fat.

This is the key to internal motivation.
    Few people can actually do this which is why most people fail in their efforts over and over.
    Take the time to do this, and you'll touch off a powder keg of determination and drive.
    Sure, you may have challenges; we all do, but you'll keep punching and reach your goals.

All Is Possible!
  • sarahbear1981
    Options
    Nice to see someone not afraid to take a bit of advice, or for that matter give some, lol. I would be pleased to have you as a friend.

Thanks! Sending FR
  • harlylena
    harlylena Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and add me as well...I have no problems 'rattling the cage' and welcome the same. :) And by the way take a peek at this pretty good article http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/02/01/5-steps-after-failing/
  • sarahbear1981
    Options
    People can offer you encouragement and inspiration but true motivation is all internal.
    We either have that drive or need to find a way to ignite it.

To light that fire, be honest, and answer for yourself:
    Why do I want to be healthy and fit? Discover the real answer, and attach great pleasure to that as you set your goals.
    Feel and experience that joy when you think of being healthy and fit.

And then ask yourself why do you NOT want to be fat?
    Connect with that reason burning pain that you can really feel every time you think about being fat.

This is the key to internal motivation.
    Few people can actually do this which is why most people fail in their efforts over and over.
    Take the time to do this, and you'll touch off a powder keg of determination and drive.
    Sure, you may have challenges; we all do, but you'll keep punching and reach your goals.

All Is Possible!

Thanks, I will definitely do this. You sir, are an excellent MFP friend!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    So did you do it by "eating clean"? Or did you just eat what you wanted in moderation?

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition