What Keeps you full

Options
:flowerforyou: Need some ideas to help keep me satisfied throughout the day. So would like some Ideas on what breakfast, lunch and snack ideas that are healthy, low-fat and low-calories, that keep you going, and also an opinion on what time of night you should have you last snack, and feel frreee to add me as a friend if im not yours already, could always use more support!

Replies

• deedster_a
    deedster_a Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I stay fuller longer when I eat eggs, cheese and toast or an english muffin for breakfast rather than cereal.
  • Sydney0710
    Sydney0710 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Protein keeps me full. I eat a few nuts several times per day.
  • adamsonp10
    adamsonp10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Vita tops muffins keep me full in between meals. The only store I have found them at is Target in their frozen breakfast food aisle. My favorite ones are the pumpkin or any of the other chocolate varieties.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    If I eat cereal for breakfast I am starving mid morning. If I eat my toast, turkey bacon and egg sandwich I am good till lunch. Protein and water for me.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I find protein esp when combined with a carb like an apple and walnuts....extra veggies I had collard greens with black- eye peas and I was full for couple hours. Adding salads to dinner helps too
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    lots of faaaaaaat...and some protein
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I drink 16oz of decaf black tea with my breakfast of 4 eggwhites, two slices of light multigrain toast and a handfull of onions in the whites. I stay full from roughly 10am to 2pm for about 150 calories. I literally eat this meal every day. Love my eggwhites! lol
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I started eating Cascadian organic oatmeal cereal for breakfast. It's tasty crunchy oatmeal with about 300 calories for a cup then a cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk with a packet of truvia (stevia) is 35 calories. It keeps me pretty full for a while. Or a banana with peanut butter.
  • HendersonDavid
    Options
    Nuts, almonds, walnuts, pecans.

Protein shakes. Peanut Jam sandwiches

Chicken breasts with any salad.
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I eat egg whites every single morning, some sort of bread product (recently protein muffins) and coffee. That usually holds me over until lunch. At lunch it's a protein, carb and tons of veggies. Dinner, I'm not very good with though...lol! I eat a ton of Greek yogurt and Carbmaster from Kroger's. I also like berries, they seem to hold me full pretty good.
  • Marie294
    Marie294 Posts: 304
    Options
    I love broccoli! Raw as a snack, or in regular salads, Or cooked and as a side with just about anything! :)
  • dandybug
    dandybug Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Buckwheat waffles. I can hardly finish one and that's even when I'm really hungry.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Eggs, Apples, Water/Soup (hot water is known to fill people up longer), Yogurt, Oatmeal, etc.

Basically high fibre or high protein foods will help keep you fuller longer.
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    A few times a week I eat something called a Tofu Scramble by Amy's Kitchen for lunch. It is a frozen meal. It has 320 calories and 22g of protein. It is dairy free and gluten free.
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    A big juicy sausage .....
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    oatmeal or oat bran in the am, mixed with berries and/or pb.
    lentils, tempeh, and a dark leafy green in the evening, and maybe some hummus.
  • StrugglingtoMove
    StrugglingtoMove Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Carbs make you crave carbs. If you start your day off with carbs when they deplete your body your body craves more. Try reducing your carbs slowly until your getting just what your body needs as energy. They have sticks to check it they dont work in everyone. They are for diabetics. You dont want it bright purple where your getting none. I dont reAlly eat carbs, my body doesnt feel good with them, never did before the diet unless it was sarah lee, little debbie or hostess lol. Once i detoxed off the soda for a week, then off the sugar junk food for a week. I felt so much better. I could go one meal a day but i force myself to eat 3 times a day, and i dont eat after 7pm. If your body feels you need to do t starve it, eat something small. My friend is here i think the term here is TOM? So im thinking about hostess more lol. Thats my go to place then. Im praying to struggle through the next few days.
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I keep lots of fresh fruit and veggies prepped and measured into serving sizes so that I can just grab them when ever I need a little something to munch on. You can eat lots of fruits and veggies without going over your calories. I try to always have carbmaster yogurt in several varieties around too. I use those with either fresh or frozen (or a combination of the 2) fruits for smoothies. I also try to make sure that I have fiber and protein with each meal, which seems to help me stay fuller longer. I have a glass/bottle of water with me at all times, and when I think I'm hungry, I drink some water first just to be sure. And I drink lots of water all day long. I don't worry about what time I finish eating each day either. I eat until I am out of calories or full no matter what time.
  • Carina777
    Options
    A couple things are my go to for when I need to satisfy my craving but not ready to eat an entire meal..
    One, is Arbonne fit chews, they are like tootsie rolls without the bad stuff and seriously work. I sell them, too.
    Another is a new found it is called Protein drink mix, i use the peach mango and u mix 2 scoops of the powder with 16 oz water and it is 70 cal, no sugar, and 15 grams of protein! It works amazingly well! I had it tonight at 6 thinking it would hold me over til 7 for when I would have dinner, but I am still full!! Foods high in fiber and protein are going to keep you feeling fuller longer.
  • KellyinKT
    Options
    I'm also searching for those "feel full foods". The foods that seem to work for me for breakfast are oatmeal and eggs. At lunch and dinner, a side (or sometimes as my actual meal/snack) of 1/2 a baked sweet potato keeps me full for hours.