Any guys 6ft4 or taller

Hi folks i was hoping to find any guys taller than 6ft4. I would like to get some starting weights, success stories and what you done to get there.
I'm 6ft5 my starting weight was around 283lbs or 20 stone 3 pounds, I'm currently 265lbs hoping to loose another 30 lbs. I've changed my diet slightly, my problem was snacking between meals. I've started back at the gym and can already notice some changes.

take care and have a good one.

Replies

• tigerdactyl
    tigerdactyl Posts: 112 Member
    I'm almost 6'5", about 6'4" and a half. I started out at over 350 and am down to 242 now.

I find that snacking before meals is actually a good thing, but you have to make it a healthy snack. I always bring an apple, banana and orange to work with me. I don't always eat all three, but I always have a healthy snack around when I need one. If you keep yourself full on healthy food throughout the day you won't have that crazy hungry binge. I know when I'm hungry all day I'll come home and absolutely pig out.

Here's my before and "during" (still trying to get down another 30 or so)

vrHZa.jpg
  • twoglasgows
    twoglasgows Posts: 5 Member
    Way to go. my snacking wasn't of the healthy type. If you dont mind me asking how long did it take you to lose the weight and what are you doing at the gym ?
  • I am 6'5 and a fairly big guy. I have been big all of my life. I am now getting that under control.
  • I am right at 6ft 4. I changed my diet around right much cause of this site. I don't do the inbetween snacks but never have really.
    I always find myself eating lots of food per meal. I figured out how to replace things that gave me many calories to little food to lots of food for few calories. I found adding a salad helps take up the void of extra unhealthy food.
    Keep in mind that if you drop 1 pound per week that is 52 a year.
  • tigerdactyl
    tigerdactyl Posts: 112 Member
    I'm about 2 years in now. I try different things when working out, I find that just being active works. Right now I've been on a workout dvd kick, but generally I do some kind of circuit training that combines cardio and light lifting.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Hi folks i was hoping to find any guys taller than 6ft4.

me too, haha.
    (sorry, couldn't resist!)
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member

me too, haha.

haha i was just about to post this.. :devil:

i'm 5'9 so yeah.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member

me too, haha.

i'm 5'9 so yeah.

Haha.
    I just like someone I can look UP to!
    :bigsmile:
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member

me too, haha.

Heh, me three!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    and we have taken over lol.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    at 6'2 I'm just shy of 6'4 lol. but principal is the same change what you eat eat less of the bad stuff blah blah. also stay active, I lost about 40 last year I did p90x and other things and ive started back playing basketball once a week and just trying to be busy on a regular basis
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    im 6'4 going for 179-184
  • Hi folks i was hoping to find any guys taller than 6ft4.

me too, haha.

i'm 5'9 so yeah.

Haha.

Me too!!! I'm 5'10"
  • aqcannon
    aqcannon Posts: 48 Member
    I'm 6'7" and started out over 500 lbs at my heaviest. After 4 weeks, I'm down 22 lbs and making progress down this loooong path. I am just starting this journey, but my goal is to get back to my HS "playing weight" of around 250 (I made it to 230 in the army but it was hard to maintain and I didn't feel right). Long way to go, but I'm on the way.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    wowza.jpg
    320+ to about 205 I've been down to 194 but I think 179 will give me some wiggle room
  • LisaD1025
    LisaD1025 Posts: 74 Member

me too, haha.

i'm 5'9 so yeah.

Haha.

Me too!!! I'm 5'10"

Ha!! I was just going to say that I have a "thing" for tall guys, so I'm digging this post. Glad I'm not the only one! :)
  • An ex of mine was 6'4 and 398lbs. He played football for UM and the man was massive. He lost an unbelievable amount of inches! He lost about 100lbs but what was remarkable was the change in actual size! He was a 5XL and went down to a XXL. He slimmed down by doing Weight Watchers and doing an incredible amount of cardio training. At his original weight, he wasn't keeping up with the conditioning and he feared being cut. So he got his *kitten* in gear. After a substantial amount of weight came off, him and the trainers focused on strength building. He was two jumps short of absolutely crazy and super obsessive BUT I respected him for the dedication he put in. I guess his obsessiveness came in handy lol.

He was obviously an OL tackle!
  • 6 foot 4 and some change - I think I am shrinking! Just started today am at 281 lbs, my goal weight is 210, which is my college / HS weight way back when I was an athlete. Want to be an athlete again, just had my knee fixed so here goes!
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    6'11" and goal weight is 240. Not sure I could or want to go any lower than that.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    6'3 almost 6'4 goal is 200-220 doctor says I should be 190 but I think that's too low. alot people don't believe me when I say I was almost 500 lbs.

before.jpg
    heaviest here. 480-490 lbs. here from about 3 years ago

417090_10150626854699664_590624663_11011746_1691258864_n.jpg
    most current pic about 2 weeks ago. 317 here.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!