30 days in 35 lbs gone

Options
Wow, it's amazing how you eat so much less when you have to account for the calories. My bmr is 3700 and I stay at between 1200 and 1570, My goal is to loose 100 Lbs in the first 4 months and 100 more the next 9 months. So far so good. I do not eat my extra activity calories now but plan to later.
starting 437.4 lbs
current 402.0

Replies

• TeddyBear47
    TeddyBear47 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Good Luck, Just remember the road is rarely straight.
  • nebulinda
    nebulinda Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    100 pounds in 4 months is quite a goal, and I don't mean to discourage you, but I don't think that's advisable. I'm not in the health care field, but I think the recommended upper rate of weight is 2 pounds/week, to lose weight safely. If you try to lose 100 pounds in 4 months that's about 6 pounds/week. If you stick to that plan, you might even have trouble losing weight, and could have negative health consequences.

Additionally, I don't think losing 6 pounds/week is very realistic. That would require QUITE the dramatic lifestyle change, and most people find changing their lifestyle is easier if they do it gradually, and one thing at a time. I know that for me, I've tried to go "all in" in the past, and it's so hard that I usually revert to my former habits after a week.

If you can keep it up, good for you, you are a more dedicated person than I am. (Again, not trying to be a downer, just trying to give advice and encouragement based on my own experience and reading.

Good luck.
  • biggestkahuna
    biggestkahuna Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the concern. I am almost 5 weeks in and I have 65 lbs to go with 13 weeks left. That is exactly 5 lbs/week from here. It is a lofty goal but why not reach for the stars and I may just land on the moon.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Good for you! :) As long as your doctor is keeping an eye on you I say, keep it up!
  • biggestkahuna
    Options
    Just 58 lbs to go in 12 weeks !!! That is only 4.83333333333333 per week. I got this !!!
  • biggestkahuna
    Options
    67 days left and 49.9 lbs to go. Time to kick it up a notch!!
  • meganpeyton
    Options
    i am glad to see you reaching for the stars and i hope u land on the moon!!! just remember to stick to a healthy eating plan now and after! go u!!!
  • biggestkahuna
    Options
    9 weeks in 54.4 down with 9 weeks to go in my personal 100 lb challenge.
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It sounds like you are doing great.
  • CRSE1214
    CRSE1214 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Good Luck, Just remember the road is rarely straight.

^^EXACTLY
  • BetsyBroome
    Options
    What are you doing to loose this much so quickly?
  • amyy902
    amyy902 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    your doing well. and im sure you know this but youre fine to be loosing this amount of weight at the amount you currently weigh! it will slow down but right now theres nothing stopping you, good uck, well done and keep it up :)
  • biggestkahuna
    Options
    1200-1500 cals per day and a lot of walking
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    100 pounds in 4 months is quite a goal, and I don't mean to discourage you, but I don't think that's advisable. I'm not in the health care field, but I think the recommended upper rate of weight is 2 pounds/week, to lose weight safely. If you try to lose 100 pounds in 4 months that's about 6 pounds/week. If you stick to that plan, you might even have trouble losing weight, and could have negative health consequences.

Additionally, I don't think losing 6 pounds/week is very realistic. That would require QUITE the dramatic lifestyle change, and most people find changing their lifestyle is easier if they do it gradually, and one thing at a time. I know that for me, I've tried to go "all in" in the past, and it's so hard that I usually revert to my former habits after a week.

If you can keep it up, good for you, you are a more dedicated person than I am. (Again, not trying to be a downer, just trying to give advice and encouragement based on my own experience and reading.

Good luck.

It's really a different ballgame for someone who starts out at well over 400 lbs. The negative health consequences of carrying around an extra 200+ pounds probably far outweigh those of maintaining a massive deficit for a time, and it does appear he understands the need to bring that deficit down to something more reasonable as his weight becomes nearer to 'normal'.

OP: Good job making (obviously significant!) changes. Here's a bit of pretty decent info regarding finding the right calorie deficit as your weight gets less & less: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/330934-guide-to-calorie-deficits
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I say if you reach for the stars and fail, you can still grab the moon. Great job so far, and as long as you are working with a doctor and making healthy choices, good for you. Just remember that weight loss hardly ever a straight road, so don't get discouraged if you hit a bump. I like your positive attitude!! That is the most important thing to keep going!!
  • biggestkahuna
    Options
    this morning 379.9 , not my regular day to weigh but pretty cool.
  • biggestkahuna
    Options
    stuck in bed for 4 days but 58.4 down and 41.6 to go with 8 weeks left in my personal challenge
  • biggestkahuna
    Options
    7 weeks left and 36.8 to go.
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Very proud of you. You are definitely on your way.
  • biggestkahuna
    Options
    My first goal, 100 lbs in 4 month
    second goal, 80 lbs in 8 months making it 180 lbs in a year