Starting over

Options
OK I was on the whole "fitness kick" about 5 months ago. Last week when I put on my yoga pants just to wear around the house I realized the muffin top had returned :laugh: SOOOO I'M BACK! Well I've been exercising for just three days. OUCH am I sore! I do feel like my days are full of exercise. Every morning I try to do a 10 min yoga warm up to get my body going. Then I take my dog (who is a boxer) to the park and run, walk, play non stop for about 1 or 1 1/2 hours. Then home for lunch. After my food is settled I do some type of video workout. I alturnate between Jillian Michaels and The Firm Yoga every few days.

Well, today I'm on my yoga day. I don't know if I can do it! My body is sooooo sore. I was planning on going M-F with my work outs then rest Sat and Sun. We would still be going to the park on the weekend because my boxer Sam, MUST be walked everyday or he's just horrible!

Oh yeah then we always go on a 2nd walk every day in the evening. It's just day 3 and I feel like I'm going to die! I don't really have any set plan. I'm just counting my food numbers and making sure I get in exercise everyday. Am I "over loading" my body? I'm just so sore :sad:

Replies

• Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options
    OK I was on the whole "fitness kick" about 5 months ago. Last week when I put on my yoga pants just to wear around the house I realized the muffin top had returned :laugh: SOOOO I'M BACK! Well I've been exercising for just three days. OUCH am I sore! I do feel like my days are full of exercise. Every morning I try to do a 10 min yoga warm up to get my body going. Then I take my dog (who is a boxer) to the park and run, walk, play non stop for about 1 or 1 1/2 hours. Then home for lunch. After my food is settled I do some type of video workout. I alturnate between Jillian Michaels and The Firm Yoga every few days.

Well, today I'm on my yoga day. I don't know if I can do it! My body is sooooo sore. I was planning on going M-F with my work outs then rest Sat and Sun. We would still be going to the park on the weekend because my boxer Sam, MUST be walked everyday or he's just horrible!

Oh yeah then we always go on a 2nd walk every day in the evening. It's just day 3 and I feel like I'm going to die! I don't really have any set plan. I'm just counting my food numbers and making sure I get in exercise everyday. Am I "over loading" my body? I'm just so sore :sad:
  • rockchic9382
    Options
    Yes you are overloading your body. Your body needs rest days in order to repair itself from your workouts. Would you keep picking a scab over and over so it wouldn't heal? I recommend working out a couple days in a row, say Mon & Tue, working different muscle groups each day along with some cardio and yoga (since it sounds like you love yoga). THen take Wednesday as a rest day, even on rest days if you must do something, go for a walk or do yoga something that's easy on your body and not overworking those muscles your trying to rest. Then workout Thu, Fri & Sat (same way...different muscle groups each day...maybe more high intensity cardio one day) then take Sunday as a resy day. I think you'll find if you follow a similar plan you'll see great results and your body will feel refreshed not tired and achy.
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    I have found that it helps me to take a break on Thursdays and Sundays. I still walk or do my calisthenics on one of those days to burn some calories, but I have found that to help. Also it's easier to get back to it after only one day off.
  • Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options
    Thanks! I'm taking a rest day today and it's awesome! :laugh: I still went on a 2 mile walk with my dog and will go on another brisk walk tonight, but I'm not doing a "workout". I don't ache as much, yay!:drinker: