Back on Board....looking for 40's friends.

Options
HI all....

I've been off MFP for about a month now and been trying every other diet to try and lose weight. Very little has happened so I decided it was best to get back on board and calorie count.

I'm looking for friends in their 40's that are battling their slow metabolism like me. But any friends will do...

Here's hoping that I hear from you....

Cheers:flowerforyou:

Replies

• allybee00
    Options
    Hi Lexie! That's me -- I'm 41 and have tried all kinds of things, but this is the first time I've tried MFP. I don't know if my metabolism is slow, but I have an extremely sedentary job at which I work too many hours (trying to remedy that) and that really slows down my ability to lose. There's just no wiggle room for calories! I'd love to have some friends for mutual encouragement and support!
  • Lena1967
    Lena1967 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi Lexie,
    I'm brand new here. I'm 44 and looking to lose about 15 lbs. I've tried Weight Watchers (had success but gained it back by not continuing to monitor my food and stopping exercise - duh!) and recently tried Daily Burn, but so far, I like this site better.

Happy to have some company on the journey!

Lena
  • toque88
    toque88 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi, I hear you girl. I will be 42 in August, and can't believe the difference the last two years has been. So, I'm calorie counting and trying to bounce on my stability ball at least every other day. The calorie counting is going better - I find myself obsessed with the number of calories I'm eating. Not so obsessed with my stability ball. Friend me!
  • AttyMomOf3
    AttyMomOf3 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi Lexie -- I am 40 and I have lost about 15 lbs since starting MFP about 2 months ago. I still have about 50 lbs to lose, so I should be on here for quite awhile. I find it helpful and motivating to see everyone's exercises and all their good effort. I try to get on regularly to be supportive to my MFPs and love when I get it back. Please feel free to add me and good luck in your journey!!
  • Daphnemomof9
    Daphnemomof9 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I've actually never counted calories before coming to this site. I tracked what I was eating the last time I lost weight, but I know that keeping track of what I put in my body (in numbers) and sweat out of it will put me in more control of keeping in shape.
  • alesinclair
    alesinclair Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Lexie, I'm 42 and have only been using MFP for the last week. I have a very slow metabolism and sit at an office job all day. My goal is to get active and keep track of what I eat so I keep my portions in control. I am really enjoying MFP for helping me do that and look forward to the support and motivation from other members.:flowerforyou: