Arm fat. :I

Options

Replies

• deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I bet your purse is heavier than 2-3 lbs. then why would you lift just 2-3 lbs. if you already do that every day? Go lift something a lot heavier than that and you will see changes all over your body , not just the arms.
  • allisonmrichard
    allisonmrichard Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Lifting weights will help you lots and lots! My arms used to be one of my biggest problem areas too. Now I absolutely love my arms and my shoulders. Make sure you are using heavy enough weights that you are feeling an obvious resistance, but not so heavy that you struggle to complete the exercise. You can see a lot of different arm exercises on YouTube for free, or if you have the means to by a new DVD, Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones is a great choice. Good luck!
  • funghoney
    Options
    bump
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    *sigh*

You cannot spot reduce. It sucks I know or my thigh fat would be gone lol

In order to lose that arm flab you have to just continue to be in a calorie deficit. You can do a million reps of little weight workouts and it isnt going to do a thing.

You can take a look at my pics if you would like, I have pretty toned arms, but dont do hardly any curls.
    Diet + heavy compound lifts will eventually give you the results you want.

No DVD is going to spot reduce for you
    Options
    You can't spot reduce fat. You need to build some muscle. You will not do this lifting books or 2lb weights.

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • theotherbabs08
    Options
    bump
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    No yu can't spot reduce....but the workouts they're suggesting are to help tone that area. if you lose weight but don't tone up the muscles, you still have bingo arms. But if you also weight lift to tone that area then it helps add definition. that's what most people were suggesting.
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the exercise tips...I will try these as I too, have the same problems.

Any tips for the unsightly THIGHS?
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the exercise tips...I will try these as I too, have the same problems.

Any tips for the unsightly THIGHS?

Use them? Squats.. lunges, stuff like that.
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    bump:drinker:
    Options
    No yu can't spot reduce....but the workouts they're suggesting are to help tone that area. if you lose weight but don't tone up the muscles, you still have bingo arms. But if you also weight lift to tone that area then it helps add definition. that's what most people were suggesting.

2lb weights, books, and tomato cans? Those exercises aren't going top "tone" anything. This is what most people are suggesting. I haven't seen many actual heavy lifting recommendations
  • Jo2926
    Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
    Options

2lb weights, books, and tomato cans? Those exercises aren't going top "tone" anything.

All depends how big the cans are I guess!

I use chalean extreme DVD - which is an at home lifting routine. Added to previous mixed cardio and lightish weights (3 when I started, now up to 7 or 8kgs per arm) I have lost 7.5cm off each arm over about 3 months. My best advice is to work your whole body - although it might be your arms you notice you will be pleased when you see other improvements too.

(I've been told that working your legs makes a more efficient workout. I've heard both that it is because the muscles are bigger, and also because it releases a chemical? I'm really not sure if its true. Does anyone know?)
    Options

2lb weights, books, and tomato cans? Those exercises aren't going top "tone" anything.

All depends how big the cans are I guess!

I use chalean extreme DVD - which is an at home lifting routine. Added to previous mixed cardio and lightish weights (3 when I started, now up to 7 or 8kgs per arm) I have lost 7.5cm off each arm over about 3 months. My best advice is to work your whole body - although it might be your arms you notice you will be pleased when you see other improvements too.

(I've been told that working your legs makes a more efficient workout. I've heard both that it is because the muscles are bigger, and also because it releases a chemical? I'm really not sure if its true. Does anyone know?)

Okay They do have those giant tomato juice cans xD I could see that! Haha

Yes It is very important to work your legs. Biggest muscle in you body! Bigger they get = more calories you burn.
    Full body is certainly the best. I haven't really seen the Chalean honestly, just some JM and Insanity. Love Insanity btw!
  • Jo2926
    Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Chalean is by the same company as Insanity, but focused on lifting heavy weights (The moto is 'go heavy or go home'). I'm really enjoying it as an introduction to heavy lifting. I've heard good things about New rules of lifting book - but i like to watch the dvd as I'm a visual learner and I'm also worried about form.
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    2lb weights, books, and tomato cans? Those exercises aren't going top "tone" anything. This is what most people are suggesting. I haven't seen many actual heavy lifting recommendations
    Hey, babe, re-read the OP. She said she didn't have weights, but DID have a big book.
    I was trying to work within the parameters available.
    Yes, she could go buy a set of barbells, but that wasn't listed as an option.
    Yes, I agree, using a book (or two), a big purse, a gallon of paint, or a chunk of concrete from a demolished building won't do much, but it's a start; and that's better than sitting on the couch.
  • dominarrygel
    Options
    Gonna try some of these:)
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    bump
  • myogibbs
    myogibbs Posts: 182
    Options
    When I was in karate, we used to work out on a bag...my arms and shoulders have never been so ripped. Another thing to try is tricep dips...that only requires a chair, or something to dip from...you can even start that from the floor. Lots of good suggestions from others who replied...you should be buff in no time :)
  • coolcucumbers
    coolcucumbers Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    bump