UK people - where do you shop?

Options
2»

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I use Sainsburys, Asda and Morrisons. I try to get most of my meat from Morrisons, because it's usually better quality, Asda for Fruit and Veg for the same reason and Sainsburys when I'm passing because it's the most local.
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Sainsbury's as a rule, but Waitrose for a few things I can't get anywhere else. Love Waitrose, but times are hard.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I usually do my weekly shop in Tesco or Sainsbury but I have to say that if i'm having trouble finding anything Waitrose saves the day. They seem to have everything there and although quite pricey the quality and selection is definitely spot on.

I agree with above, if you go to waitrose on Sunday about 1 to 2 pm the fish n meat is virtually given away at our local store!! I also use birminghams fab fresh food market in the bull ring and Chinese supermarkets . Joe Richards is a good chain of green grocers which is v reasonable. And we have an amazing local butcher, classic meats, which sells quality, high welfare meat.

This is exactly what I do, I go just after lunch on Sunday and everything is reduced.
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I do Tesco on line and Aldi for the salad and fruit.
  • lisaslim1976
    Options
    Waitrose are great as they offer free delivery but their meat is quite a lot more expensive than sainburys and tescos
  • angevee
    angevee Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am a recent Aldi convert and I love it! The fruit and veg s fantastic and brilliantly priced. Most of their meat is British,( not that I eat the stuff, it's for the husband and the kids) which I prefer to buy as our welfare standards are so much higher. For the awkward things I'll go to the local big Sainsbury's.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I am a recent Aldi convert and I love it! The fruit and veg s fantastic and brilliantly priced. Most of their meat is British,( not that I eat the stuff, it's for the husband and the kids) which I prefer to buy as our welfare standards are so much higher. For the awkward things I'll go to the local big Sainsbury's.

I went to an Aldi last year, we walked in and my 3 year old son looked around, said "Thith ithn't Thainthbury'th!" and burst into tears. I haven't been back!
  • tashajayne2011
    Options
    Aldi (59p blueberries this week as one of their super six) for as much as poss, then tesco for everything else.. I did go to lidl today and was really surprised by the variety of fruit and veg (39p cucumbers?)
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I mainly shop at Tesco, my store has Quinoa and they used to have canned black beans in the Caribbean isle but whoever ordered for them last purchased black eyed beans instead of black beans. They still have the label there so I hope they will return some day soon. I eat black beans often so I make a weekly stop at Waitrose for my beans these days.