Do you still eat or drink..........

Options

Replies

• pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Don't eat any of those foods. Not really any nutritional value. I eat brown basmati rice if I have rice but usually replace it with quinoa.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten any of that, except occasional white rice in five years and it didn't help me keep weight off I'll tell you that.
  • mandycasey
    mandycasey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi yes i eat white rice and white pasta few times a week and i'm still losing weight xx
  • MountainMamaMarissa
    Options
    I use skim milk for recipes (but I'm not a milk drinker) & whole grains. I've lost 25lbs in the 40 days I've been on MFP.
  • mem1086
    mem1086 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yes to all but the milk. I never drank whole milk, and soy milk is just not the same for me, so I drink 1%. As far as the rice, pasta, and bread it's all in moderation. I have cut down on the intake of all three. So far i've lost 3lbs.
  • DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    Options
    I still eat white bread and pasta and Im still losing weight.I dont eat as much of it thats for sure but still have pasta once a week and white bread couple times a week.
  • ashleighk90
    ashleighk90 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I don't like whole milk, I've always liked skim, but everything else I have (in moderation) and have been losing! I'm not a huge carb eater anyway, and don't like the taste of most wheat options. So for me, if I'm going to have pasta/bread/rice I might as well enjoy it. I just try to make sure my portions are what they should be.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Full fat milk -- No, but I just don't like it as much as 2%.

White Bread -- Sometimes, but mostly no.

White rice -- I wish, but no, brown all the way.

White pasta -- Catelli Smart = amazing. It's white, has the fiber and tastes better than any other pasta I've tried.

As long as those things fit within your calorie limit, you can lose weight. The problem is, they spike blood sugar and aren't a great choice nutritionally speaking.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Full fat milk

White Bread

White rice

White pasta.

Are you losing weight?

I never really drank full fat milk. I prefer 2%. We drink skim in our house because my husband likes it, but if I lived alone I would absolutely choose 2% all of the time. Skim tastes like water to me. I don't drink it, but sometimes I cook with it. I go with what my husband prefers since he uses it more than I do and I can never drink a gallon by myself before it spoils.

White rice: yes, I eat it when I eat out. Same with pasta. However, when I cook at home, I always choose brown rice and pasta with whole grains because I desperately need fiber. If I don't get enough fiber, I have digestive difficulties, and we don't want to go there....

Yes, I am still losing weight. It is slow, but it is steady and I am not gaining anything back. I'm proud of the progress I have made, and optimistic about continuing with my current nutritional goals.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Full fat milk

White Bread

White rice

White pasta.

Are you losing weight?

I never drank full fat milk

I eat wholemeal bread

I eat white rice

i eat wheat free pasta as my OH has a wheat allergy

Yes i lost weight eating these things. its all about portion size!
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Apart from the milk and white bread, it's a yes to everything for me, but in much smaller portions.

I don't drink milk, but I do have semi skimmed in my oats for breakfast.

White bread I rarely touch now, as I've discovered over recent years that it clogs my system up and then I have problems. It used to be my weakness, but I have to say I don't miss it now, unless I'm passing a bakery and they've just cooked a batch - wholemeal bread just doesn't have the same smell LOL
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I find I prefer whole grain breads, and I like brown rice too, so those aren't an issue. We use low carb pasta at our house...my partner needs to eat lower carbs, and this pasta tastes great. If I'm choosing it for myself alone, a whole wheat one would be fine. Neither of us drinks milk as a beverage. I love the flavor of vanilla light soy milk or almond milk when I have cold cereal or oatmeal. Delish and healthier! I do love higher fat yogurts, but don't choose to eat them too often.
  • fitacct
    fitacct Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    After joining MFP last summer, I switched to:

Almond milk (love it! Topco Full Circle original is as creamy as regular milk and tastes much better than Silk or Almond Breeze, in my opinion).

Whole Wheat Breads

Brown Rice (I occasionally have basmati or jasmine rice, though)

Whole Wheat Pastas (I sometimes mix an equal amount of regular pasta with whole wheat pasta when making something like spaghetti, though, as Hubby prefers the regular and this way we're both getting what we like).
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Yes to full fat milk, only because we buy that for my kids. But, truth be told, I usually water it down. lol I only ever have it in cereal like that, or full strength in tea

Yes to white rice (jasmine) - but will soon be having more brown rice, despite 3 other people in the house who will have white

No to white bread

No to white pasta

2/4 = still losing weight. All about portion control, and balancing out the other areas of your diet.
  • mego07
    mego07 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    You listed my favorite things to eat almost weekly, minus the milk. I am not a milk drinker but still manage to get my calcium through other forms. I do enjoy whole wheat pasta and bread, but as the census goes for this whole site... all in moderation. I can't imagine not having them in my diet.

Almost forgot...I may not be losing a lot of weight, but I am losing inches which is what I prefer.
  • sassycassy
    sassycassy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    No way!! I used to eat/drink all of those things but now I can't stand the taste of them.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I don't drink full fat milk. I don't eat much bread. But I do eat white pasta and white rice.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    full fat milk is not an opponent of weight loss. Fat is good for you. You just need to know how to use it. And dairy is full of an excellent blend of whey and casein proteins.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Full fat milk

White Bread

White rice

White pasta.

Are you losing weight?

- I drink 1 % Milk

- I have actually come to be rather fond of wheat bread, though I'll still eat white from time to time.

- Usually brown rice for me

- white pasta, yes, I haven't quite adapted to the whole-wheat stuff yet

-Losing weight - So far so good!
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I don't care for full fat milk. I've been drinking 2% for so long that full fat tastes like cream to me. But I still eat white or whole grain white bread, white rice (and brown rice), regular and whole wheat pasta. I haven't said no to anything, but I have cut back on how much I have of things. I have lost a little bit of weight, and I'm starting to slim too. I've only been doing this for 26 days, but I can tell a difference.