Chinese Takeaways - UK - Calories???

Hello all,

I have been so good lately and am really craving a chinese takeaway sometime soon. Now Im fully prepared to put aside calories etc and do exercise to counteract the excess calories but typically how many calories would be in:

1/2 portion of Singapore Chow Mein
1/2 Char Sui Pork Cantonese Sauce
and also - obv not in the same meal but usually a regular feature!

1/4 chinese duck, 8 pancakes, about 3 tbsp of hoi sin sauce?

I have tried searrching but have no idea if these entries are for UK or US and if there is much of a difference in the cooking styles etc....

Please help me out...Im so close to buckling but dont want to sabotage myself!

Replies

• beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 846 Member
    these things are all in the database & you can usually tell the UK from the US as alot of the dishes have different names.

I had chinese last night, well within my daily allowance, 3rd of chicken chow mein, 1/4 of a beef curry, 4 mini spring rolls, 6 prawn crackers, all of the crispy seaweed & a large dry spare rib. I would though take the database as a rough estimation (unless you cooked it from scratch there is no way to know 100% accuracy) & not eat back a couple hundred exercise calories. Also drink LOTS of water, the sodium in chinese is a killer but for me well worth it.
  • I'm in the uk too and i've always wondered. How about google? it might have it on there. I had pizza last night and found out how many calories on google hth xx
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 846 Member
    Oh & I always log before ordering, that way I know the portion size I want to incorporate & decide whatI would rather have if a usual staple is so very high. (curry for example is high but a bit of sauce & a few pieces of meat was enough to satisfy my crave last night)

if you are eating at home weigh the duck to get as accurate as you can, the database shows it to be VERY high (and I can believe it) then log the pancakes, duck & hoisin separately.

g - Shredded Crispy Duck - 100g of duck 239 cals
    Generic - Chinese Crispy Duck Pancake -- Pancake Only - 33cals per one
    Wing Yip - Hoi Sin Sauce - 45cals per tablespoon
  • chinamonkey
    chinamonkey Posts: 90 Member
    thanks guys! have always been a bit confused as to the entries etc and if they would be the same ones i was thinking of!!!