Vacation surviving tips

Options
How do you stay away from all the fatty food while on vaca?? I'm vegetarian and usually have limited choices which usually include lots of carbs while we're out and about. I don't want to undo any progress I've made so far! So far I've come up with making sure I have water bottles to take along and keeping some fruits and a jar of PB in the hotel room to snack on instead of reaching for chips. It's a 7 day trip and we're flying so there is baggage restriction. What else?? Give me your tips.

Replies

• shalinimunjal
    shalinimunjal Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jojo0909
    jojo0909 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I do a little research before I leave to see what is nearby, and try my best to review menus on-line to give me more time to make healthy choices. That way, I generally know before I go what things I may pick. I like Freshii the best, and try to eat as many meals as I can there. I also give myself some leeway, as I AM on vacation, and tend to do a lot of walking. Enjoy!
  • jojo0909
    jojo0909 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I do a little research before I leave to see what is nearby, and try my best to review menus on-line to give me more time to make healthy choices. That way, I generally know before I go what things I may pick. I like Freshii the best, and try to eat as many meals as I can there. I also give myself some leeway, as I AM on vacation, and tend to do a lot of walking. Enjoy!
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    protein bars, granola bars, nuts...that's usually what i bring with me.