Cant lose weight !!

Options
Ok so im 39yrs old , 225 pounds 5foot 11 inches tall. Background : had open heart survey 2 yrs ago and had 8 bypasses.. 3 month later defib /icd installed for my heart. I am on cholesterol, blood pressure , beta blocker , aspirin , and blog thinners. I used to run 3 miles every other day for past 9 months or so .. Was eating healthy but too much .. NOw last 2 1/2 weeks started spin class and I'm burning between 700-920 calories per class with my heart rate monitor hooke up to my iPhone. Its pretty dead on. I have been logging food here and only lost like 2 pound in 2 weeks . Im confused because after burning all these calories and eating more on the days i do spin i feel like i should be losing weight a lot quicker . I'm very confused as if i sit on the couch and do nothing i stay the same weight too !! I asked my doctor and he said it has nothing to do with the meds , i disagree ! any help is good !! did spin 3x for 2 1/2 weeks so far ... help .

Replies

• grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    A pound a week isn't bad. That's 500 calories each day that you're losing in fat.

But given the short time frame, there's a chance you're losing even more, but water weight is hanging around. Eventually it will 'whoosh' and you'll instantly drop a couple more pounds. Just keep at it.
  • 0AmyMarie0
    Options
    A pound a week isn't bad. That's 500 calories each day that you're losing in fat.

But given the short time frame, there's a chance you're losing even more, but water weight is hanging around. Eventually it will 'whoosh' and you'll instantly drop a couple more pounds. Just keep at it.

I agree with that. Keep it up, suddenly the weight will just drop off and you'll be pleasantly surprised.