MFP Runner's Club: 4/1/09

Options
hessied
hessied Posts: 460 Member
Happy April, everyone. Although it is stinking cold outside in my neck of the woods, I saw that the daffodils are in bloom, which made me smile. I can't wait to be able to ditch my treadmill runs for the warm weather months ahead!

Did speedwork today on the treadmill:

1 mile warm-up
4 x 1 mile at 7:41 pace with 1/2 mile jogs in between
1 mile cool down
Total - 8 miles

That workout spanked my butt. I'm beat. :yawn:

Replies

• hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Happy April, everyone. Although it is stinking cold outside in my neck of the woods, I saw that the daffodils are in bloom, which made me smile. I can't wait to be able to ditch my treadmill runs for the warm weather months ahead!

Did speedwork today on the treadmill:

1 mile warm-up
    4 x 1 mile at 7:41 pace with 1/2 mile jogs in between
    1 mile cool down
    Total - 8 miles

That workout spanked my butt. I'm beat. :yawn:
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Great job, Heather! I ran 8 miles today.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Great job, girl!!!

I hit the elliptical again... 10 miles!!!!! And I'm surprised that I'm burning almost as many cals on the elliptical as I do running (I have a Polar F6 HRM). I burned about 850 cals! Still keeping it low-impact for the calf. :wink:
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Wow, you guys. You all way out did me!

I got in 5 miles today - but that was with some interval training - some sprints in there, some walking on an incline then running on an incline then increasing the incline...it was a really great workout actually. Burned over 500 calories in 57 minutes! Which is pretty good since I'm short. :)

But I can't compete with 8 and 10 miles!!!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I ran 15 miles today....april fool :laugh:

Just 5!

Have a great day everyone :wink:
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    No running today. I have to go out tonight and get a new pair of shoes. The new ones I got are not cutting it and making my shin splints way worse. If I get them tonight I will go out tomorrow but only do a short 3.5. I think we are planning a long run this weekend.
  • girlie1
    girlie1 Posts: 46
    Options
    I ran 3 miles today. I am planning on 7 tomorrow. For some reason, the back of my legs, hamstrings?? are really tight and almost hurt to stretch them. What gives????????
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I have horribly tight hamstrings and hips. And it's strange because it comes and goes, even with stretching consistently.
  • girlie1
    Options
    I feel your pain. I have horribly tight hamstrings and hips. And it's strange because it comes and goes, even with stretching consistently.
    Glad to hear it's not just me. It does seem strange that it hasn't ever happened before and I've been running for nearly a year now. Well, I'm off to run I hope they loosen up!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Finished Week 3 of the Couch to 5K :bigsmile:
  • girlie1
    Options
    Finished Week 3 of the Couch to 5K :bigsmile:
    yay! wtg:happy: