30 Day Shred Question

Options
Hi, everyone. it has been awhile since I have been out here, but I need to start getting serious about getting in shape.

I have a quick question about 30 day shred. What do people who have completed it do once they have finished the whole 30 days? Do they stick with it, add more exercise while continuing to do it or just do something totally different. Is the workout something that should be done every day :smile: after the 30 days? I read a lot of the posts, but I didn't see anytihing that said what people did after their 30 days are completed.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Replies

• karenmiller81
    karenmiller81 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Well that's entirely up to you and what additional progress you want/need to make. I did the shred completely through a couple years ago, then started doing other types of workouts, but would occasionally use it intermittently. Now I'm actually using it again consistently, but with slightly heavier weights this time and I do feel the increased difficulty on the strength parts. But now I'm doing it every other day, as opposed to the suggested every day because I do a lot of other types of exercise now.
  • blubutterfly62
    Options
    Hello needlework. I just started a few days ago doing the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred level 1. It is pretty intense. I am sweating afterwards! Will be going into day 5. I guess with me I plan to continue using it cuz I still have to work up to levels 2 & 3! I also think its a great tool to use every other day or 2 or 3 days a wk along with whatever other exercise one does. Hope this helps. Oh....based on your user name do you knit? I do as well as xstitch. (:
  • fuzzybear123
    fuzzybear123 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am going to try 30 day shred with weights DVD after completing the 30DS
  • needlework
    needlework Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply.

I do cross stitch. I used to do it all the time, but then I had kids. So many kits and patterns and such little time!!
  • naturerunner
    Options
    I have done it all the way through, so now I do it once or twice a week when I need a quickie workout. I also use weights for level 1 during the cardio portions (shadow boxing etc) You can increase your weight as well. I like that it allows me to change up my routine, so I never get bored! :)
  • TexasRaised89
    TexasRaised89 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have completed 30 Day Shred. I did 30 Day Shred for more than 1 month. I did it for months actually, it was my main workout. I love around 30 plus pounds by doing that. I started off at 5 days a week then I moved on to 6 days a week. I am now doing Jillian Michaels Extreme Shed & Shred. You can do it for however long you like but definetly switch up after a couple months to give your body something new so you don't hit a plateu
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I haven't done the shred yet but I'm starting it on Tuesday. I plan to do it 5 days a week for 6 weeks to get me through all 30 days. Once I'm done that I'm going to do her 6 week 6 pack dvd and after that I'm hoping to get the new Body Revolution set. I just finished Ripped in 30 today and love that program. I get bored with the same thing though so I don't think I'd continue to do a program once I finish it. Good luck!
  • hmcminton
    hmcminton Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have completed the 30DS several times and just use it as part of my regular rotation of workouts now, which involve a bunch of other workouts by Jillian. My most recent is her Extreme Shed and Shred, which take almost an hour and a half to do both workouts on it ~ it is crazy and amazing! I also really enjoy her Yoga Meltdown and 6-week six-pack... those are my favorites. if i need to work on my arms i do her Shred It with Weights.... i also go to the gym for cardio and strength training several times a week and have ballet classes 2-3 times a week. i love her workouts though and often see the most/quickest results with her.
  • squidgely
    squidgely Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    i have one week left of the ripped in 30 dvd. I thought that after I'd finished the final week I would probably do it twice a week, randomly picking the workouts, to make room for other exercise on the other days. I have a two yr old and a 1 yr old so exercise has to be quick and effective. I am not far off my target weight now so I want to find a balance that I will be able to keep up. Once I reach my target weight I will exercise just 3 times a week for a hr each time and continue to monitor my eating habits.
    Saw massive changes with ripped in 30 by the way, I've seen improvements in my muscle tone. Less wobbly bits!! x
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I am on Level 3 of 30DS. I just received 2 more Jillian DVD's, 6 week 6 pack and Banish fat boost metabolism. I'm going to start rotating these in with 30DS now, before I am done with the 30 days. I want to concentrate on my core and abs. After seeing how that goes, I want to try some kick boxing.