Insanity

Options
I am getting insanity in the next few day, but it is expected to arrive before my heart rate monitor I ordered as well. Should I wait to start the program until I have my hrm, or can I start with out it? Also, are there any females that completed the program that had a bit of weight to lose? I have small legs and arms, but my core is huge from having 3 babies back to back and that's what I need to get rid of. If you have any pictures for motivation I would love to see!!! Oh, and how many calories are generally burned in one day of insanity?

Replies

• Rachel122810
    Rachel122810 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Supposedly when you start out the intensity is low and then builds so you should be ok. I want to start it also. What brand of HRM did you get?
  • swall0810
    swall0810 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Supposedly when you start out the intensity is low and then builds so you should be ok. I want to start it also. What brand of HRM did you get?

I got the polar FT4 (pink) I ordered it from heartratemonitorusa.com It is the cheapest I have seen for them! It just takes 2 weeks for shipping :/
  • swall0810
    Options
    Bump!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,998 Member
    Options
    Why would you wait for your HRM before working out? You don't need to know how many calories you burned to the exact number.....?

Even HRMs are estimations. Just better estimations, but still estimations.

Log them as 200-400 calories per half hour (use "Dance or Aerobics" in the Cardio database,) and be done.
  • swall0810
    Options
    Why would you wait for your HRM before working out? You don't need to know how many calories you burned to the exact number.....?

Even HRMs are estimations. Just better estimations, but still estimations.

Log them as 200-400 calories per half hour (use "Dance or Aerobics" in the Cardio database,) and be done.

The HRM is not just for the calories. Its to keep track of my heart so I dont "over do it" I have been conditioning my heart for the past 2 months. I have 3 babies to stay alive for. No need to have a heart attack while working out....
  • Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I just did the Insanity fit test today for the first time, wearing my FT4. I burned 270 calories during that, it would have been more but it was so exhausting that I had to keep stopping as well as me having weak wrists so I couldn't do the plank jack thing as I cannot do pushups with my arms at that angle. I also did it just after I completed another workout so I was already a little tired.

Do not think "Fit test, has to be easy!" because it could be a workout on its own!

The good thing is that about an hour and a half after I finished, I suddenly had so much energy I didn't know what to do with myself, it was like taking 6 caffeine pills at once. I was talking to my boyfriend while bouncing up and down on the spot, I couldn't keep still.

Edit: Yes, possibly wait if you don't know how hard your heart can go, mine went up to 189 at the highest point.
  • swall0810
    Options
    I just did the Insanity fit test today for the first time, wearing my FT4. I burned 270 calories during that, it would have been more but it was so exhausting that I had to keep stopping as well as me having weak wrists so I couldn't do the plank jack thing as I cannot do pushups with my arms at that angle. I also did it just after I completed another workout so I was already a little tired.

Do not think "Fit test, has to be easy!" because it could be a workout on its own!

The good thing is that about an hour and a half after I finished, I suddenly had so much energy I didn't know what to do with myself, it was like taking 6 caffeine pills at once. I was talking to my boyfriend while bouncing up and down on the spot, I couldn't keep still.

Edit: Yes, possibly wait if you don't know how hard your heart can go, mine went up to 189 at the highest point.

Awesome! I cannot wait to start. I know that when my heart rate gets to high I get dizzy, so I may start it but take breaks when needed. I cannot wait!!!!!!!!