Eating out in Restaurants

Options
How do you keep accurate calorie counts when the restaturant you go to doesn't have nutritional information posted on the website? Even when you ask them they say no we don't have it. That really bothers me. Here i am trying to count my calories and really don't know if what I am counting is accurate. Please Help!!!

Replies

• cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    How do you keep accurate calorie counts when the restaturant you go to doesn't have nutritional information posted on the website? Even when you ask them they say no we don't have it. That really bothers me. Here i am trying to count my calories and really don't know if what I am counting is accurate. Please Help!!!
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    On those days I try and choose what I think is the best option. Guestimate, but try not to go to restrauts that often, their calories aren't exact even if they have them online on a nutrition calculator. Maybe work out a little extra that day. Hope this helps.
  • jmw7
    jmw7 Posts: 27
    Options
    hey. We eat out alot so what I do is try to figure it out by adding up the raw ingredients. It isn't accurate but it's close enough. To be safe, I stay away from anything fried or covered in sauce. I know those are diet-busters...
  • dejablues76
    Options
    I actually posted a similar question the other day.

What I try to do personally is order something that I can "break down" item by item and add it into my calories for the day.

Say a Grilled Chicken Wrap -- you can "guesstimate" the amount of chicken, the lettuce, tomato, and wrap (I usually avoid the dressings anyway). It also helps to substitute a fruit cup or salad for french fries.

Good luck!
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    i try to look for a similar meal at another restaurants. for an example, if we go out to chinese, and the restaurant doesn't offer nutritional information, then i look up that same dish or a similar dish at a restaurant like P.F Chang's or panda express which release their nutritional information.
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Great!!!!! Thank you so much...I've done a few of your suggestions but wondered if there was an easier way. I have substituted french fries for salads and I have stopped having the restaurants "special sauce' put on my sandwich. Thanks again.