One month in!

Options
Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to report that I began my program of better nutrition and exercise on January 1 because my weight, for the first time, went past 150 lbs. (151.6 to be exact...). I guess that was my breaking point--I just couldn't let myself go further.

I found this website first as an Android app, and it has made all the difference! Being able to track my food and exercise calories has motivated me to stay on track. I have had a few days where I veered off completely, but I think this website saved me from allowing those times to derail my whole plan.

Anyway......one month in, and I've lost 7 pounds! I can hardly believe it! I thought at most I would lose 3 or 4, so I am very, very pleased with the result. I am already fitting well into the jeans that a month ago I had to struggle zip up. It's such a great feeling. Maybe by the end of spring, I'll fit into that closet full of clothes that haven't fit me now for a couple of years.

And hey, if I, who has no willpower and is easily discouraged, can do it--anyone can! Onward and downward! :flowerforyou:

Melissa

Replies

• BigMamy
    BigMamy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am also about 1 month in - 4 weeks to be exact. I love the tracking aspect of this website. I hate to be "over" at the end of the day and would go out for a long walk if I thought that was going to happen. I am a lot heavier than you, I started at 220lbs and today I weighed in at 204lbs - 16 lbs in 4 weeks. I was obviously eating far too much. Lets hope it continues, I would love to be a decent size for Summer. Good luck on your mission.
  • kdfulgham
    kdfulgham Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep up going, you can do it!!
  • TexasRaised89
    TexasRaised89 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this for around 3 weeks. So far I have lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks. Today is my weigh in so I'm hoping I have lost more. This app/site is fantastic!!!!!!!
  • mastock64
    Options
    Wow--fantastic! I've never been a "support group" kind of person, but boy it's so great to hear what people are able to do! Keep going!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Congratz! Be sure you rerun your dietary numbers every 5lbs lost or every 5% body fat lost! Know yout TDEE, BMR and Body Fat % at all times and this will be easy!
  • Taitiant
    Options
    :bigsmile: Very Good!! Thank you for sharing with us.!! I have hope in this system.. . Im almost a week in ( i know its not long) but it's already been the longest week of my life, and i havnt stepped on the scale yet only because i dont think ive lost anything . But Cheers to you and your journey! I wish you all the best!!!! :drinker:
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    great start to your journey! just a head's up...the weight loss might slow some as folks usually drop water weight early. after that, its with persistence and hard work that you continue to burn fat. as long as you stick with healthy choices, you will achieve your goals. do your best to avoid frustration and complacency along the way. To help, you might try the exercise in my will power blog. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/H_Factor/view/recipe-for-a-will-power-pill-for-help-with-the-mental-part-of-the-journey-155978
  • Taitiant
    Options
    Hi, I am also about 1 month in - 4 weeks to be exact. I love the tracking aspect of this website. I hate to be "over" at the end of the day and would go out for a long walk if I thought that was going to happen. I am a lot heavier than you, I started at 220lbs and today I weighed in at 204lbs - 16 lbs in 4 weeks. I was obviously eating far too much. Lets hope it continues, I would love to be a decent size for Summer. Good luck on your mission.

wow!!! that seems like so much! how can i loose this much...?? ... WTG tho!! :flowerforyou:
  • mastock64
    Options
    I did not seem to lose anything for the first two weeks, and it was so discouraging. Then, it seemed like the dam burst and the pounds fell off. I think the body has to adjust. Plus I was premenstrual the week I began, so I was retaining water naturally. Once my period started, the water drained off, and that gave me a big boost at the end of the second week. So I guess what I'm saying is let your body adjust and let it have it's normal ups and downs. Over the long view, you will see results. Hang in there, and don't be discouraged!

M.
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! I am one month in and have lost 14 lbs! I start my second month at the gym on Monday...well probably go Sunday. My first month goal was to go to the gym 4x a week and do cardio for at least 30 minutes. I went 4x a week and did 40 minutes! My second month goal is to continue that and introduce weight-training into my routine. I can tell my body is changing, I am getting flabby -- yikes! I started out at 208 lbs!
  • Taitiant
    Options
    I did not seem to lose anything for the first two weeks, and it was so discouraging. Then, it seemed like the dam burst and the pounds fell off. I think the body has to adjust. Plus I was premenstrual the week I began, so I was retaining water naturally. Once my period started, the water drained off, and that gave me a big boost at the end of the second week. So I guess what I'm saying is let your body adjust and let it have it's normal ups and downs. Over the long view, you will see results. Hang in there, and don't be discouraged!

M.

so true!!! TY!! You seem like you got this.. Inspired by you as well..!! I started this while on my menstral cycle.. just getting off, so maybe thats why my Tummy feels all bloated still.. How often should i be weighing my self???
  • Helloitsdan
    Options

wow!!! that seems like so much! how can i loose this much...?? ... WTG tho!! :flowerforyou:

Fantastic bodies are built in the kitchen and while you sleep!
    Everything else is secondary.
    To lose this much weight you should always know:
    TDEE
    BMR
    Fat %.

Since you are new i'll tell you this little tidbit!
    If you are over 5'3" and work out 3x or more a week you should be consuming between 1600-1800 calories a day.
    Anything less and youll plateau.
    Google Fat to Fit Tools and do the military body fat calc then the BMR tool and youll be surprised at how much you have to eat to lose weight.

Hugs!
  • Taitiant
    Options

TDEE
    BMR
    Fat %.

If you are over 5'3" and work out 3x or more a week you should be consuming between 1600-1800 calories a day.
    Google Fat to Fit Tools and do the military body fat calc then the BMR tool and youll be surprised at how much you have to eat to lose weight.

Hugs!

Thank you for taking the time to tell me..:drinker: Im actually 5'3" and 182 pounds.. ( way over weight for my height! ) I exersize about 5-6 times a week. I ride my bike to and from work 5 days a week and other day i hike,jog,walk, what ever i can do.. My calorie goal is at 1200-1300 it told me.. Im staying strong with the calories, just not sure what my success will be like and how long will it take... Im the type of person who if i dont see a change quickly i give up BUT not this time! im in it for the long haul finally!!! This sight has REALLY helped me so far.. TY!
  • mzjstef
    mzjstef Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! You should be proud of yourself! I also started on the 1st and have lost 5 lbs and my muffin top! I feel so much better! :) Keep it up!:smile:
  • Helloitsdan
    Options

TDEE
    BMR
    Fat %.

Hugs!

Thank you for taking the time to tell me..:drinker: Im actually 5'3" and 182 pounds.. ( way over weight for my height! ) I exersize about 5-6 times a week. I ride my bike to and from work 5 days a week and other day i hike,jog,walk, what ever i can do.. My calorie goal is at 1200-1300 it told me.. Im staying strong with the calories, just not sure what my success will be like and how long will it take... Im the type of person who if i dont see a change quickly i give up BUT not this time! im in it for the long haul finally!!! This sight has REALLY helped me so far.. TY!

You may lose weight for about a month or so but you are eating well below your TDEE.
    With the biking and the working out 5-6 days a week you burn about 2600-2800 calories a day.
    Cut 20% from that and you get closer to 2k daily.
    So in the long run you may be doing more damage than good.

Do me a favor and send me your
    weight
    body fat % http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/mbf/
    Waist measurement

I'll use my handy dandy calculator and set up dietary numbers for you.
    If you get it to me soon I can do this before work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!