Need to lose 50+ - would love some support!

Options
While my hubby is supportive, he has never struggled with his weight like I have. I am 5'3", 44 years old and weighed in at a whopping 195 pounds last week, my highest ever. I am trying to be faithful about going to the gym to do some pseudo-cardio (so-called because if you saw my speed...well, you'd understand) and trying to watch what I eat more than ever before, but I'm worried about burn-out and would love some support.

Anyone out there in the same boat who would be willing to help keep me accountable and share the trials and tribulations?! I am determined to change things...I found myself way out of breath climbing just one flight of stairs. I've GOT to do something!

Replies

• comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Could have been me writing your post :)
    Sent you a request.
  • ValReaves
    ValReaves Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi... Send me a friend request and I would be most happy to walk along side of you to encourage you. I have found the tools and support here to be wonderful!
    Val :-)
  • Athenaviolet
    Options
    Of course, believe that it is more difficult for women anyway. I will keep you going.
  • hollin40
    hollin40 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm 41, 5'2" and need to lose 75 more lbs....my husband has NEVER been into weight loss until he bought a scale and saw how much he weighed! HA HA HA! Reality bites...lol....
  • I'm 36 and a mother of 4 and would like to lose over 200lbs(ugh, I disgust myself by saying that, but it's true =( lol)
    My husband too has the metabolism of a 16 year old and can eat whatever he wants and never gains so I can relate there -_- whatta jerk! lol
    So if you need some support, I will gladly be there to share your journey with you.
    I will be sticking around here for a very long time till I reach where I want to be.
    Anyone who has a large amount of weight to lose is welcome to add me as well!
  • auntbethie3
    Options
    I'd be glad to cheer you on ! My husband is the same way. His dr told him to lose 10 lbs, but he thinks "quit eating" will do it.
    I just go on and do my own thing. You have to take care of yourself before you can take care of every one else. I am your age and I want to stay healthy and be able to take care of myself. We have no children, so I have more time than most people. I go to Curves instead of a regular gym. The support there is great too. There are lots of them, hopefully one near you. I also do yoga. That doesn't seem like exercise, it's a treat for body, mind and soul. :smile:
  • lbigham1
    lbigham1 Posts: 132
    Options
    You're definitely heading in the right direction. You'll find plenty of support here. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • jedw31
    jedw31 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi, add me for some mutual celebrating/commiserating :)
  • nrizroth
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. Everything you said is soooo familiar! LOL
  • Graciecny
    Options
    Thank you guys so, SO much. I have a serious case of the warm fuzzies just from reading your posts. I am so determined to get healthy and be more fit.
  • MzAJ2012
    Options
    hello I understand where you coming from :)feel free to add me as well
  • Ydrgn
    Ydrgn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Oh I so understand where u are coming from and joining MFP is a great first step. I also need to lose 50+ since I reached my heaviest a couple months ago. But this site has been a life savor. I have tried several times before to lose weight but would always give up since I wouldnt see results. SInce truly committing here I have lost 12 lbs and still determined to keeping going. Feel free to add me please. We need all the support possible; its a tough journey but so worth the effort. Good luck.
  • operavagabond
    operavagabond Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm 43 and I want to lose 55 pounds! Friends from MFP really help to keep me focused! Good Luck!! :)
  • DollHouseKiera
    Options
    Feel free to add me, i'm 36, lost 125lbs so far, but i still have almost 100 to go til goal =)
  • I_am_Holly
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well!! I've been here for one month so far. I am 44 and need to lose about 70 pounds! I would love to be a part of your cheering section.
  • DayDreamer78
    DayDreamer78 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    We can help each other!