Blenders anyone???

Options
dawnemjh
dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
Help! I need to buy a new blender, but not sure which one to get. I had a kitchen aid and was surprised at how quickly it broke!! I only used it for a few months, maybe 6 or so, and the black nob thing that rotates the blades basically disintigrated!! I would like a durable blender for making protein shakes, and one that can withstand some thicker protein fluff as well....

any recommendations...I would like to not spend a fortune!!

Replies

• clocklady
    clocklady Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have an oster 12 speed and it works well for being so affordable. I think i only paid $35 for it. I had a kitchen aid before and it was no good. I'm pining for a vitamix!
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE a vitamix....not in the budget at the moment....
  • KiraWood
    Options
    Vitamix. They last forever and are well worth the cost.
  • flbutler
    Options
    I make my protein shakes in a Magic Bullet! Make in the cup and go!
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I make my protein shakes in a Magic Bullet! Make in the cup and go!

I received a Magic Bullet for Christmas too... and I <3 it! Best thing I ever got!
  • mamadragon
    Options
    i have magic bullet for small stuff and I forgot what the other one we have. I've had it for about 25 years now.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    please buy the Vitamix. you'll never have to buy another blender/food processor/juicer/etc. again - its an investment that lasts a lifetime. my cousin has had hers for 25 years. i've had mine for 1. it's my favorite kitchen item. cant say enough good stuff about it. :)
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Vitamix. They last forever and are well worth the cost.

THIS

THISTHISTHISTHISTHIS.
  • Regito711
    Options
    Went to Wal-Mart and bought the $30.00 Oster and I love it.
  • 170to117
    Options
    The ninja blender is really fast and it makes everything taste smooth.
  • Tskitzo
    Options
    Does the vitamix crush ice? I'm pretty sure the ninja does. I would only buy a blender if I could put ice in it and have it come out smooth in a smoothie.
  • carmenstop1
    carmenstop1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    please buy the Vitamix. you'll never have to buy another blender/food processor/juicer/etc. again - its an investment that lasts a lifetime. my cousin has had hers for 25 years. i've had mine for 1. it's my favorite kitchen item. cant say enough good stuff about it. :)

Totally agree, my husband and I almost had a fight when he decided to buy it in Costco...now you couldn't pry it out of my cold dead hands! We use it every day, 3 times a day for things I never thought of using a blender for! Well worth the money! Check out ebay there are some on there that are a little cheaper!
  • Davis7182
    Options
    we just got the ninja kitchen system 1100 (model BL700) and it is amazing! Absolute best blender I've ever had. It has blades at different heights so everything really gets chopped/blended really fine. We make a lot if protein/spinach smoothies. It also had attachments for whipping and dough making...

http://www.amazon.com/Ninja-Kitchen-System-1100-Model/dp/B004UR1FFS/ref=pd_sbs_k_5
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    Get an old Osterizer... the original magic bullet IE the base comes off and fits standard mason jars... everyone gets their own flavour blend on a heavy-duty made to last motor base... Other old style blenders too, as long as the base comes off and fits mason jars

Works great, and it'll last a long time.
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I have a cheap, $20 - $30 Hamilton Beach blender. It does what I need it to do, but just barely lol

I would LOVE a vitamix... but at $400, that just breaks the bank a bit too much for me right now. But I would LOVE it for some green smoothies!!
  • carmenstop1
    carmenstop1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Yes the vitamix crushes ice, I use ice cubes from the ice cube trays and it makes it so smooth! And we make margarita's like you get in a bar or a luxury resort! mmmm!
  • chcoley
    chcoley Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I just got a Ninja Pulse System and I love it so far!!!! You blend it in the cup, like the Magic Bullet, but it's also got a larger pitcher attachment.
  • maryellen8301
    maryellen8301 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Went to Wal-Mart and bought the $30.00 Oster and I love it.

I think i bought the one that you are talking about.. its the MyBlend by Oyster,, its awesome.. its a personal cup that you blend everything in.. awesome..
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I have the Bullet for my shakes. My favorite right now is protein powder in my hot coffee. It gets all whippee and delicious. So impressed I bought one for each of my daughters when it had the automatic rebate at Costco. ($35) Also blends up my frozen fruit and yogurt very nicely.

My big Oster had quite a few chips and dings after 28 years. Also, just got the whole Ninja system. ($119) Makes snow out of ice in no time at all. Did someone say there is a small attachment? The smaller pitcher is still a little too big for individual servings. I'm liking it so far. Held onto my original food processor for chopping and grating. I had been hoping to find one appliance that did it all but I'm pretty pleased with the combo.
  • Marquettedominos
    Marquettedominos Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    We use a VitaMixer. We love and use it multiple times a day