heart rate monitor help

2»

Replies

• lou1618
    lou1618 Posts: 96 Member
    I just starting using a HRM (wrist type) this week...before a 20 mins workout (program 2) elliptical reading would be around, 263-270, the wrist HRM shows that I burned 360-375 for the some routine, a little higher reading them the ellip. reading. Could it be placement of the monitor.? I've also used my waist monitor when doing KettleWork dvd workout and the first time I wore the watch inside my wrist and got a much lower reading them wearing it on the outside.
  • KXanthos
    KXanthos Posts: 189 Member
    is it possible that my boobs are getting in the way?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,319 Member
    is it possible that my boobs are getting in the way?

No. I have large breasts and they don't have any affect on the HRM. You could be getting interference from other monitors, either on the elliptical, or other nearby people.

The Polar monitors have a built-in anti-interference capability. I don't know if yours does. Unfortunately, you usually get what you pay for. Is it new enough that you could return it for a refund? Save up and buy a better brand?

It could be correct. Or not. No way to know.
  • KXanthos
    KXanthos Posts: 189 Member
    I just repositioned it and got back on the elliptical. Now its showing 155 bpm which is more consistent with the heart rate on the equipment.....