Rant.... Sorry but annoyed.com

Options
2»

Replies

• TamsinEllis
    Options
    I'm glad you posted this, I agree that we shouldn't judge, stare or be nasty about other people whether we see them around, or see them online, it's not just if someone is 20 stones or has a 20inch waist, I've seen people be rude about women with muscles, it's confusing to me since this is meant to be a site for getting fit, healthy and having a supportive (online) community around you. And just to prove we shouldn't judge before we know, a while back in the news there was a story about a woman who to everyone around her was fat/pregnant, she actually had a ovarian cyst:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1252277/I-dropped-FOUR-stone-ONE-day-I-extra-weight-actually-enormous-cyst.html

Proof we should never judge unless we know the whole story.

Edit: Just thought I'd add I am guilty of judging people, those who say they aren't I think are liars (not saying they are liars, just I find it hard to believe someone hasn't ever judged someone based on appearance). But in an ideal world, that doesn't exist, we wouldn't judge/stare/be nasty based on appearance.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    to say that judgement is wrong, is to deny our basic instincts. we judge a person to find out if they are a match to our personality, we judge to see if we agree with them. dont you judge the guy you just went out on a date with, judge him to see if hes a match... we all judge everything around us everyday to see if its something you want or agree with and so on... to judge another person for being judgmental, well isnt that the point. we all judge, we all have opinions. we all seek out the people and objects that make us feel comfortable, and isnt that a judgement.

i see nothing wrong with judging another person. and there is nothing wrong with stating your opinion in a form like this. judgement is not the evil.