How do you stop nasal drip while jogging?

Options
Okay this is driving me crazy, but every time I go jogging my nose starts to run. It's like a leaky faucet. How do you stop this? It's possibly the cold weather, but it doesn't start till about the first mile and then it's constant. I can't take cold/allergy drugs to dry out my nasal passages because they make my heart race. Are there any natural remedies that can prevent your nose from dripping?

Replies

• zasiiniya
    zasiiniya Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I get exercise-induced runny noses too. I know it's not the cold weather because they happen indoors and outdoors, on a treadmill, path, or elliptical. I'm bumping for interest. My only way of dealing with it is keeping tissues nearby.
  • docHelen
    docHelen Posts: 198
    Options
    lol...got no solution, but i do have soggy sleeves!
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    only solution I've found is to stuff a tissue up my sleeve
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I run with tissue in hand!!
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options

Ha! :laugh:
  • ginamaria724
    Options
    I always get this problem too when I'm working out hard! Its so annoying haha but yeah I guess all you can do is just keep tissues near-by.
  • KC5ZRQ
    KC5ZRQ Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Grow a mustache!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,030 Member
    Options
    A clean bandana tied loosely around my neck is helpful for the quick wipe. But yeah, I have those small paks of tissues with me at all times.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    cotton balls up your nose.
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Snot rocket! just something ya hafta do.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Saline Nasal spray?
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    @KC5ZRQ

EEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!

reminds me of when i lived in alaska .. the guys who worked outside on the alaska pipeline... saw some pretty gross mustache icicles

KB7NFR
    (no longer have a radio)
  • PirateJohn
    Options
    When I did my half-marathon I carried two of those travel thingies of Kleenex with me.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Stuff socks up your nostril...:wink:
    No, seriously, I have that very issue, and nothing works. I may try the socks...
    My solution is to...[WARNING - GROSS] - look around for any potential witnesses, then place my thumb against one nostril at a time, then just blow.
    That's good for a quarter mile.
    I've tried doping up, but just don't like that, so guess I'll keep blowing.
  • i have the same issue! and it's not the weather either because it happens on the treadmill too. i can only imagine the best thing to is keep tissues handy as people have already said, but it is really annoying!!
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    So it's not just me!:grumble: Even if it's not cold, my nose runs whenever I do any type of cardio. I feel like I'm the only one at the gym sniffling and blowing my nose. Drives me crazy. I always throw a handful of tissues in my pocket for an outdoor run or walk and try to remember to put one in my ipod sleeve for the gym. It is very annoying, isn't it?
  • CharityEaton
    Options

LOL! this is EXACTLY what I was thinking!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it's just as disgusting as snot rockets, but I just sniffle and snort.
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Snot rocket! just something ya hafta do.

Yep. Only while running outside, though. On the treadmill just keep a tissue handy.
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    The MOST annoying thing about running! I have to carry the little packets of tissues with me, it's never ending and GAWD, so annoying! It's most difficult with gloves on, can't get the stupid tissues out of the packet, can't unfold them... always have to stop. Aaarrrrggghhh! :grumble: