Help with a High Carb but low protein diet?

Options
I have always been a meat and Potatoes kind of girl so now I need to learn to cut way back on the protein and make sure I get my recommended amount of carbs ( I am always nowhere near the MFP goal for carbs) What are some high carb foods? What type of meals should I be making from now on? Pasta?

Any help and advise would be great

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Google High carb food list.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Is it just the MFP default settings that are guiding you in this direction? You can change them - many of us do, especially to up the protein and reduce the carbs.

For me, I find my body responds best to the figure of 100 - under that for carbs, over that for protein.

But if you want carbs, then rice, pasta, bread, starchy veg, fruit is where to look
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    In my (somewhat educated) opinion, the MFP settings are a bit high on carbs and low on protein. You can customize the settings. Some people do 40% carbs, 30% fat and 30% protein. There are lots of variations you can do depending on your needs, but don't use the MFP suggestions as your only guide :)
  • Nmauch
    Options
    Is it just the MFP default settings that are guiding you in this direction?

But if you want carbs, then rice, pasta, bread, starchy veg, fruit is where to look

MFP has given me a limit but being a soccer player all my life I can tell by my sweat whats not right with my body and what I need to balance in my diet. I'm just used to being soccer, soccer, soccer 24/7 when it didn't matter what I ate, it all was burned off but now, not so much.

Thank you :) I will remember those and Google some more!