Can't stop the afternoon cravings!

Options
Help! I've just gotten started this week, and it's certainly opened my eyes! Any suggestions for afternoon cravings? I will eat just about anything I can get my hands on. I can't seem to stop myself!

Start weight: 152
Current: 151
Goal: 130

Replies

• ljohn10
    ljohn10 Posts: 3
    Options
    Help! I've just gotten started this week, and it's certainly opened my eyes! Any suggestions for afternoon cravings? I will eat just about anything I can get my hands on. I can't seem to stop myself!

• tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options

Try hummus and light rye crackers.... Or bell peppers with tuna! Light ligh mayo.... If you love chocolate like i do try slim fast bars... they are 120 calories and are so yummy!!! I eat one for a snack if im having a craving for chocolate.. Also a good snack is 100 calorie bag pop corn... Its doesn't seem like that much pop corn but it turns out to be a good amount...
  • chunkabutt25
    chunkabutt25 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    fruit!!!!!!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese

celery

together

chew till it is a pulpy liquified gift
  • racoon1
    racoon1 Posts: 78
    Options
    down a couple glasses of water before having a low cal snack. if you can go for a walk or do some spring cleaning:flowerforyou:
  • chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Options
    Get out of the house, I find when I am home I snack WAY more then when out of the house! Just remember why you are not going to give into the cravings....and of course have a little snack:smile:
  • tracylynne29
    tracylynne29 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    if you need to have an afternoon snack grab something small but drink a glass of low fat milk. Milk fills you up
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome MFP, the greatest website ever. You will love it here. I do. I find this site so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:

drink a glass of water before, then grab some fruit or raw veggies.
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    Try special k protein bars, they keep the hungries away for hours for me!!!
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    Get out of the house, I find when I am home I snack WAY more then when out of the house! Just remember why you are not going to give into the cravings....and of course have a little snack:smile:

Ahh my biggest problem, I work from home!!!
  • newlifestyle36
    Options

Ahh my biggest problem, I work from home!!!

I'M A STAY AT HOME MOM WITH A 2 AND 4 YEAR OLD SO I ALSO WISH I COULD JUST LEAVE THE HOUSE . THEN I WOULD'NT WANT TO SNACK SO MUCH . BUT AI ALSO WOULD LIKE TO WORK FROM HOME BUT DONT' KNOW WHAT TO DO ? ANYWAY GOOD LUCK ALL:smile:
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    Usually late afternoon most people's blood sugar starts to dip. Carbohydrate abusers find themselves craving sweets or flour products.If you give in you trigger a chaotic cycle of chemical ups and downs that make you a compulsive eater. So, remind yourself of the time of day and that your blood sugar is low. That's why you want to eat. Eat low fat, low protein snacks. For example low fat cheese with apple. A good diet will never make you hungry. Be sure to eat 3 meals and 2 or 3 healthy snacks a day. Watch out for the "bars" they can contain sugar and trigger appetite. It may or may not in your case, just be aware.
    Good luck.

THOUGHT THIS WAS FOOD FOR THOUGHT

A CRAVING IS A FEELING, NOT A COMMAND, FEELINGS PASS. THERE WILL BE NO PAIN, NO BLOOD LOSS. i WILL NOT HAVE TO CALL 911 FOR THE RESCUE SQUAD. STUDIES SHOW THAT CRAVINGS PASS IN MINUTES. IF I DO NOT NEGOTIATE OR EQUIVOCATE , ISN'T THIN WORTH A FEW MINUTES?

ANNE
  • sportygal
    sportygal Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Eat less carbs at lunchtime. Make sure you have enough fat and protein....if you still have afternoon craving....an apple with 3 walnuts and cheese stick might do the trick!:happy: